|2014:||Before GamerGate • August • September • October • November • December|
|2015:||January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
|2016:||January • February • March|
- 1 Before GamerGate
- 2 August 2014
- 3 September 2014
- 3.1 01 Sep 2014
- 3.2 02 Sep 2014
- 3.3 03 Sep 2014
- 3.4 04 Sep 2014
- 3.5 05 Sep 2014
- 3.6 06 Sep 2014
- 3.7 07 Sep 2014
- 3.8 08 Sep 2014
- 3.9 09 Sep 2014
- 3.10 10 Sep 2014
- 3.11 11 Sep 2014
- 3.12 12 Sep 2014
- 3.13 14 Sep 2014
- 3.14 15 Sep 2014
- 3.15 16 Sep 2014
- 3.16 17 Sep 2014
- 3.17 18 Sep 2014
- 3.18 19 Sep 2014
- 3.19 20 Sep 2014
- 3.20 21 Sep 2014
- 3.21 22 Sep 2014
- 3.22 23 Sep 2014
- 3.23 24 Sep 2014
- 3.24 25 Sep 2014
- 3.25 26 Sep 2014
- 3.26 27 Sep 2014
- 3.27 28 Sep 2014
- 3.28 30 Sep 2014
- 4 October 2014
- 4.1 02 Oct 2014
- 4.2 03 Oct 2014
- 4.3 04 Oct 2014
- 4.4 06 Oct 2014
- 4.5 08 Oct 2014
- 4.6 09 Oct 2014
- 4.7 10 Oct 2014
- 4.8 13 Oct 2014
- 4.9 14 Oct 2014
- 4.10 15 Oct 2014
- 4.11 16 Oct 2014
- 4.12 17 Oct 2014
- 4.13 18 Oct 2014
- 4.14 19 Oct 2014
- 4.15 20 Oct 2014
- 4.16 22 Oct 2014
- 4.17 23 Oct 2014
- 4.18 24 Oct 2014
- 4.19 25 Oct 2014
- 4.20 26 Oct 2014
- 4.21 27 Oct 2014
- 4.22 28 Oct 2014
- 4.23 29 Oct 2014
- 4.24 30 Oct 2014
- 4.25 31 Oct 2014
- 5 November 2014
- 5.1 3 Nov 2014
- 5.2 4 Nov 2014
- 5.3 5 Nov 2014
- 5.4 6 Nov 2014
- 5.5 7 Nov 2014
- 5.6 9 Nov 2014
- 5.7 10 Nov 2014
- 5.8 11 Nov 2014
- 5.9 13 Nov 2014
- 5.10 14 Nov 2014
- 5.11 16 Nov 2014
- 5.12 17 Nov 2014
- 5.13 18 Nov 2014
- 5.14 19 Nov 2014
- 5.15 20 Nov 2014
- 5.16 21 Nov 2014
- 5.17 22 Nov 2014
- 5.18 23 Nov 2014
- 5.19 24 Nov 2014
- 5.20 25 Nov 2014
- 5.21 26 Nov 2014
- 5.22 27 Nov 2014
- 5.23 28 Nov 2014
- 5.24 29 Nov 2014
- 6 December 2014
- 7 January 2015
- 7.1 2 Jan 2015
- 7.2 3 Jan 2015
- 7.3 5 Jan 2015
- 7.4 6 Jan 2015
- 7.5 7 Jan 2015
- 7.6 8 Jan 2015
- 7.7 9 Jan 2015
- 7.8 11 Jan 2015
- 7.9 12 Jan 2015
- 7.10 13 Jan 2015
- 7.11 14 Jan 2015
- 7.12 15 Jan 2015
- 7.13 16 Jan 2015
- 7.14 18 Jan 2015
- 7.15 19 Jan 2015
- 7.16 20 Jan 2015
- 7.17 21 Jan 2015
- 7.18 22 Jan 2015
- 7.19 23 Jan 2015
- 7.20 24 Jan 2015
- 7.21 25 Jan 2015
- 7.22 28 Jan 2015
- 7.23 29 Jan 2015
- 7.24 30 Jan 2015
- 7.25 31 Jan 2015
- 8 February 2015
- 8.1 1 Feb 2015
- 8.2 2 Feb 2015
- 8.3 4 Feb 2015
- 8.4 5 Feb 2015
- 8.5 6 Feb 2015
- 8.6 7 Feb 2015
- 8.7 8 Feb 2015
- 8.8 9 Feb 2015
- 8.9 10 Feb 2015
- 8.10 11 Feb 2015
- 8.11 12 Feb 2015
- 8.12 13 Feb 2015
- 8.13 14 Feb 2014
- 8.14 15 Feb 2015
- 8.15 16 Feb 2015
- 8.16 17 Feb 2015
- 8.17 18 Feb 2015
- 8.18 19 Feb 2015
- 8.19 20 Feb 2015
- 8.20 21 Feb 2015
- 8.21 22 Feb 2015
- 8.22 23 Feb 2015
- 8.23 24 Feb 2015
- 8.24 25 Feb 2015
- 8.25 26 Feb 2015
- 8.26 27 Feb 2015
- 8.27 28 Feb 2015
- 9 March 2015
- 9.1 1 March 2015
- 9.2 2 March 2015
- 9.3 3 March 2015
- 9.4 4 March 2015
- 9.5 5 March 2015
- 9.6 6 March 2015
- 9.7 7 March 2015
- 9.8 8 March 2015
- 9.9 9 March 2015
- 9.10 10 March 2015
- 9.11 11 March 2015
- 9.12 12 March 2015
- 9.13 13 March 2015
- 9.14 14 March 2015
- 9.15 15 March 2015
- 9.16 16 March 2015
- 9.17 17 March 2015
- 9.18 18 March 2015
- 9.19 19 March 2015
- 9.20 20 March 2015
- 9.21 21 March 2015
- 9.22 22 March 2015
- 9.23 23 March 2015
- 9.24 24 March 2015
- 9.25 25 March 2015
- 9.26 26 March 2015
- 9.27 27 March 2015
- 9.28 28 March 2015
- 9.29 29 March 2015
- 9.30 30 March 2015
- 9.31 31 March 2015
- 10 April 2015
- 10.1 1 April 2015
- 10.2 2 April 2015
- 10.3 3 April 2015
- 10.4 4 April 2015
- 10.5 5 April 2015
- 10.6 6 April 2015
- 10.7 7 April 2015
- 10.8 8 April 2015
- 10.9 9 April 2015
- 10.10 10 April 2015
- 10.11 11 April 2015
- 10.12 12 April 2015
- 10.13 13 April 2015
- 10.14 14 April 2015
- 10.15 15 April 2015
- 10.16 16 April 2015
- 10.17 17 April 2015
- 10.18 References
- 11 May 2015
- 12 June 2015
- 13 July 2015
- 14 August 2015
- 15 September 2015
- 16 October 2015
- 17 November 2015
- 18 December 2015
- 19 January 2016
- 20 February 2016
- 21 March 2016
- 22 April 2016
- 23 May 2016
- 24 June 2016
- 25 July 2016
- 26 August 2016
- 27 September 2016
- 28 October 2016
- 29 References
28 Nov 2007
- Game reviewer and editorial director Jeff Gerstmann is fired from his position at GameSpot closely following his negative review of Eidos Interactive's game Kane and Lynch: Dead Men. Due to the heavy advertising of Kane and Lynch: Dead Men featured on GameSpot at the time, rumors erupt that Gerstmann was fired due to giving the game a poorer review than what Eidos Interactive paid for.
20 Feb 2012
- Ben Kuchera posts an audio clip on SoundCloud, containing an argument between David Jaffe and Stephen Totilo over the way social justice writer Kate Cox portrayed Jaffe in an article where she wrote about Twisted Metal.
- Game media's twisted coverage of the Jennifer Hepler controversy. 
15 Mar 2012
- Jeff Gerstmann speaks openly about his 2007 termination from GameSpot. He confirms that his termination was directly tied to his negative review of Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, and that publishers threatening to pull advertising in response to disappointing game review scores is a common occurrence in the game journalism industry.
30 May 2012
- Kotaku writer and social justice writer Patricia Hernandez uses the word "rape" against an opponent in an online multiplayer game, then proceeds to badger and berate the gaming community in general about common forms of trash talk used in all multiplayer games and sports.
24 Oct 2012
- Writer Rab Florence writes an article for Eurogamer that criticizes the current state of the gaming journalism industry. He lambasts the close relationships between game journalists and the innapropriate amounts of commercialism and bought publicity that occur among them. Following a complaint made from Lauren Wainwright—a game journalist that Florence quoted in his article—Eurogamer removes parts of his publication. Rab Florence resigns from Eurogamer the following day due to threat of legal action. The subsequent uproar among gamers in response to the backlash against Florence and the flagrant displays of greed and collusion among gaming journalists is referred to as "Doritogate," in reference to the viral image of Geoff Keighley surrounded by Mountain Dew and Doritos that was featured in Florence's article.
- After her complaint got Rab Florence fired, Lauren Wainwright was found to have several conflicts of interest of her own for covering and reviewing Square Enix games while also doing consultant work for them. Critics of her conduct were accused of abusive behaviors, misogyny and making rape jokes.
05 Nov 2012
- After public outcry for attempting to remain silent on the issue, Kotaku Editor In Chief Stephen Totilo finally acknowledges "Doritogate".
18 Feb 2013
- The production build for Depression Quest is finalized. Nathan Grayson is included in the "Special Thanks" section of the credits for undisclosed reasons.
11 May 2013
- A blogger at N4G compiles a history of Kotaku's editorial focus on dubious panic about sexism and misogyny and other unethical behavior.
13 Aug 2013
- Gone Home releases to rave reviews from all major gaming publications and is praised as a groundbreaking game in terms of design and storytelling. GameSpot, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, and Metacritic all praise the game heavily despite it being denounced by the gaming community for its shallow gameplay and plot and a length that did not justify its AAA price-point. As a result, Gone Home's treatment by the games media is often held up as an example of industry cronyism and agenda promotion.
11 Dec 2013
- The Internet Aristocrat discusses how social justice politics taint video game development and how nepotism, cronyism, and censorship run rampant within the indie dev community with his "Mighty Number Nope" video. The video calls out Dina Abou Karam and the changes that were made to Mighty No. 9 after it was funded by Kickstarter.
12 Dec 2013
- Zoe Quinn posts on Twitter, claiming that she is being harassed by Wizardchan. These allegations were never verified.
08 Jan 2014
- Nathan Grayson publishes an article in Rock Paper Shotgun about 50 indie games that had been admitted to Steam via Greenlight. The title of the article is "Admission Quest" a reference to Zoe Quinn's game Depression Quest, which was part of the "batch" of games that had been admitted. The graphic header for the article is a screenshot from Depression Quest, despite the game itself being text-based. In the body of the article Depression Quest is described as a "standout" and "powerful Twine darling". This is followed by a list of the 50 games that were admitted, which included Depression Quest. The meta-tags for the article also include Depression quest. There is no disclosure of the nature of his involvement with the game or of his relationship with the developer.
28 Feb 2014
- Maya Kramer and Zoe Quinn discover the The Fine Young Capitalists women-only game development contest. Within a short time, they and several followers take issue with the project, believing that it excludes transgender people and asks its entrants to work for free. Former Destructoid writer Jonathan Ross doxxes the contest organizer by sharing posts from his Facebook page. TFYC's website is crashed due to the traffic, something which Quinn and Kramer celebrate.
31 Mar 2014
- Nathan Grayson publishes an article in Kotaku about the failure of the reality television show project GAME JAM. The main sources quoted in the article are Robin Arnott, Adriel Wallick, and "Depression Quest creator" Zoe Quinn. There is no disclosure of the nature of Nathan Grayson's involvement with the game or of his relationship with the developer. The concluding paragraphs of the article are about Zoe Quinn's aspirations to run a game jam of her own.
01 Apr 2014
- The domain RebelGameJam.com is registered by Yavanna Kramer. Yavanna Kramer is also the registrant of MayaKramer.com, which links to a twitter account for the "Cuties Killing Video Games" line of fashion items as seen worn by Zoe Quinn.
13 Aug 2014
- In the wake of fan outrage over Microsoft's announcement that the sequel to Tomb Raider would be an Xbox One exclusive and not multiplatform like the previous one, Ben Kuchera of Polygon took it upon himself to defend this blatant anti-consumer move, going so far as to tell his audience "Here's what's hard for gaming fans to do: We need to stop looking at these deals purely through the lens of someone who wants to play the game." The arguments used in the article to justify this practice were highly questionable.
09 Aug 2014
- Youtube group Chershire Cat Studios releases a video podcast discussing the history and present state of media scares and moral panics about video games. Earlier controversies about video game violence are covered, and the podcast also charts the emergence of the controversy about over sexism in video games, which has appeared in recent years. CCS had previously covered the role of gaming journalism in promoting the trend.
16 Aug 2014
The Zoe Post
- Programmer Eron Gjoni publishes the Zoe Post:
- The long post outlines Eron's breakup with a game developer called Zoe Quinn. In the post, Eron outlines that Zoe displayed what others would later note was a general pattern of abuse against him -- actions in contrast with her public persona as a social activist in the indie game development scene. The post also reveals that, throughout their relationship, Quinn had had affairs with several prominent individuals in the games industry. Of particular interest to members of the gaming community, the post revealed that Quinn had an affair with games journalist Nathan Grayson, who is noted to write for Kotaku—one of the largest game news websites in the world.
- Though it is not mentioned in Gjoni's post, Nathan Grayson gave Quinn's game, Depression Quest, special attention in a Rock Paper Shotgun article he wrote on 8 January 2014. The game was mentioned as a highlight in the group of 50 games, and was given top billing in the form of being the headline image. Grayson also interviewed Quinn on a Rock Paper Shotgun video blog uploaded on 22 March. After moving to Kotaku, Grayson wrote about Quinn yet again on 31 March 2014, in which he mentioned her role in a failed game jam TV show and mentioned her interest in starting her own jam.
- Eron first posts his revelations about Zoe Quinn in the somethingawful.com and Penny Arcade forums. The threads are swiftly deleted.
- Eron subsequently begins publishing his revelations on a wordpress blog. (1)
- A fellow somethingawful.com forum poster informs Quinn of the existence of Eron's post via twitter. (AT)
- Approximately 6 hours after the first forum posts, the first imageboard threads discussing Eron's post appear on 4chan. Archived Versions: (1), (2), (3). There is little consensus among the anonymous posters. These threads are also deleted.
- Youtuber MundaneMatt releases a video discussing Eron's post, highlighting the hypocrisy in games journalism, and questioning the ethics and integrity of some in the games industry.
17 Aug 2014
- Zoe Quinn issues a Digital Millenium Copyright Act takedown notice on Mundane Matt's video, alleging copyright infringement due to the use of a static screenshot(DMCA notice). The video is taken down by Google. (The DMCA order would later be released on ~Aug 21st)
- Threads appear in The Escapist Magazine forums discussing the controversy Thread. [AT]. Posting is subject to very heavy moderation.
- Indie game Developer Phil Fish, of Polytron, makes tweets castigating gamers who are investigating the scandal, calling them among other things "witless manchildren". He also announces that Polytron is cancelling several projects, most likely the game Fez 2. (1)(2) (3). This is not the first time Fish has threatened to cancel the project. Quinn had previously worked on QA for Phil's game Fez.
- After a long buildup discussing problems in the current "cliquey" "indie game royalty" scene, game designer Wolf Wozniak(@Ouren) alleges that he was sexually harassed by Zoe Quinn. He is castigated by twitter users including Phil Fish, backs down, and later deletes his tweets.
- TFYC (The Fine Young Capitalists) alleged doxxing and harassment which their feminist production received from Zoe Quinn, in a Reddit thread discussing Quinn's earlier harassment allegations against Wizardchan. The company was later unable to get press or coverage in games media for its game jam, due to Quinn's influence and unfavorable view of the project. The project was to make a game based on the ideas of a female designer, with an internet vote deciding which woman's idea would be made into a game.
- Female game developer "KC Vidya Rants", publishes a tumblr post on the scandal, accusing Quinn of hypocricy, of having set back women in gaming, and of having creating "a negative image for all current and future female game devs with her actions". KC Vidya is later misidentified as male by VICE.com, and has her Disqus account deleted by VICE.
18 Aug 2014
- Youtuber InternetAristocrat (who had an already-existing peeve against game journalism since 2010 on his old channel MidLifeJim  ) releases a video discussing the ongoing fallout from Eron's post, and its implications for the state of games journalism. The video also discusses the suppression of the TFYC scandal on game news sites.
- The #BurgersandFries public IRC chatroom is created for discussion of the rapidly emerging events. The first recorded logs begin on 18 Aug 2014.
- Female game developer "KC Vidya rants" publishes another Tumblr post on the scandal and the ongoing censorship.
- Prominent Youtube video game critic and commentator John Bain—better known by his handle TotalBiscuit—makes a twitlonger post discussing the Quinn scandal, criticizing the use of DMCA requests to take down critical work and mentions that "Games journalism as a whole has a massive nepotism problem, encouraged by the publishers and developers and actively partaken in by many outlets.". He also notes the confusion and already intense debate surrounding the scandal. [TW] [AT]
19 Aug 2014
Enter the Streisand Effect
- UK based gaming website GamesNosh is one of the first sites to publish an article reporting on the scandal. Their webhost subsequently blocks the article and asks them to remove it completely,. Gamers resort to viewing the article on The Wayback Machine. Zoe Quinn then asks for contact information and also asked them to remove it from the archives, resulting in the removal of the page from the archive. The article was later restored.
Censorship on Reddit
- TotalBiscuit's twitlonger post is submitted on Reddit to the /r/gaming subreddit forum. To prevent discussion, /r/gaming moderators end up deleting almost 25,000 comments in the thread. One of the /r/Gaming moderators was revealed to have been in contact with Quinn. The same moderator stated that the mass deletions were to prevent "doxxing".
- Gamers unable to speak in /r/gaming flood into related subreddits such as /r/games, which have also been deleting comments.
- The moderator XavierMendel of /r/Games was later removed from their position for resisting the extensive censorship taking place on reddit, and gave an audio interview audio interview, and made two written accounts detailing the heavy censorship of the scandal which took place in the /r/Games subreddit alone between Aug 18th to the 22nd, including manual and automatic deletions, and shadowbanning of users. 1, 2.
GameJournoPros and The Escapist Forums
- Most major gaming websites such as NeoGAF, and the Gamespot forums heavily moderate, edit, delete, and censor discussion of the controversy. 4chan /v/ mods are allegedly also deleting some threads. The Escapist remains one of the few major websites still permitting open discussion of the controversy.
- GameJournoPros: It is later revealed in one of the GameJournoPro Email List Leaks that the Escapist's Editor Greg Tito was put under considerable pressure to shut down the Escapist forum discussion by other members of the secret mailing list, including Ben Kuchera of Polygon, and Kyle Orland of Ars Technica.
4chan's /v/ board
- The other major gaming website where discussion of the topic is still quasi-permitted is the video games, or "/v/" board on the anonymous imageboard site 4chan. Despite thread deletions, discussion takes places owing to the sheer volume of gamers making new threads.
- Zoe Quinn's tumblr and twitter accounts are allegedly hacked and her information doxxed by "4CHAN.ORG/V/". Members of the 4chan /v/ board are immediately skeptical, not least due to the uncharacteristic use of a capitalized /V/ to describe the board. Investigation shows the posted information to be unrelated to Quinn. The incident is viewed with skepticism by posters on /v/ and elsewhere. 4chan thread archives of incident 1, 2.
- Steam users are reportedly being banned from the depression quest forums after critiquing depression quest. The bans are given for "abuse".
20 Aug 2014
- Technology website TechRaptor publishes an article on the scandal, its implications for practices in the games industry, and the huge ongoing censorship of gamers trying to discuss these issues.
- The Editor of Kotaku, Stephen Totilo issues a statement, saying that neither he nor the leadership team has found compelling evidence that Nathan Grayson was trading sex for positive coverage in the case of Zoe Quinn, while also confirming that a romantic relationship had occurred. Totilo states that he believes no breaches of ethics occurred in regards to an accusation that Grayson was trading sex for favorable reviews and no further action need be taken. Totilo had earlier made a series of tweets on this event. [TW]
- TotalBiscuit reveals that he has been called a "misogynist" and "nazi" for making his previous statements [TW]
- Youtube comedian and game critic Jon Jafari—better known as "JonTron"—tweets about his earlier encounter with Zoe Quinn during the failed Polaris GAME_JAM in March, and on the current concerns about journalism, and the behavior of social justice proponents. After linking to a NSFW satirical comic series on the scandal, also featuring himself and Phil Fish, Jontron receives a barrage of criticism.
- It is revealed that Quinn's game Depression Quest was one of the selections for IndieCade's Night Games event, of which holding the main Curator chair is Robin Arnott, one of the people Eron alleges Quinn had an affair with.
- NeoGAF forum owner Tyler Malka creates a thread mocking the emails he has received from users complaining about the censorship of the controversy on the NeoGAF forums
21 Aug 2014
- Independent gaming website Niche Gamer publish an article on ongoing events, covering the corruption and hypocricy among games journalists, the heavy handed censorship of gamers, and the damage being done to gaming by nepotism and agenda-pushing.
- The Fine Young Capitalists (TFYC), a gamejam dedicated to helping women get into the gaming industry, posts an interview video describing how Zoe Quinn tried to shut down their project and how one of her associates doxxed one of their members, which lead to their project almost shutting down completely.
- The /pol/ and /v/ 4chan boards propose donating to help fund TFYC's feminist gamejam. Over the next few days, 4chan would help raise more than $23,000 for TFYC.
- The website Internet Outrage Database publishes an article covering the extensive abuse and vitriol received by Youtubers TotalBiscuit, JonTron and BroTeam for speaking publicly about the scandal.
The Polytron Hack
- Phil Fish's company Polytron is hacked. The front page is defaced by someone claiming to be "the head mod over at /V/ and leader of 4chan.org and Anonymous", and a link to a large data file dump containing Polytron data is placed on it. Phil Fish annouces this, on twitter, and also announces that he is leaving video game development and putting the company and Fez 2 up for sale. His twitter is subsequently locked. Image of tweets. | Article on incident | Reddit Thread | Adam Sessler "live" tweets. The place Sessler was taking that picture at is Vesuvio Cafe - a bar in San Francisco where Sessler is a regular patron both prior to and after this even. The man sitting by the Macbook browsing a 4chan thread is identified to be Alex Lifschitz.
- Questions remain unanswered about the hacking. 4chan /v/ posters were again skeptical over a second use of an uncharacteristic capitalized /V/, and posters who later analyzed the incident discovered that the Polytron's Cloudfare server was extremely difficult to hack, and analysis of the linked data suggested it had been created from files on a portable drive, not a webserver, almost 5 hours prior to Polytron's webpage being defaced. 4chan thread archives: 1, 2, 3
- The leaked data would later become a basis for investigations into the IGF.
22 Aug 2014
- TFYC publishes a 4chan requested video on great female developers. The video charts the career and influence of Roberta Williams, the pioneering Sierra developer behind the games Mystery House and King's Quest
- 4chan donates enough money to TFYC to unlock the reward allowing them to create a character for use in their game, resulting in the creation of Vivian James. The female gamer character is designed with input from 4chan users, and will appear the upcoming TFYC game 4chan posters are now helping to fund. Vivian James later becomes one of the major memes in the #Gamergate scandal.
- Under the penname Gabriel Knight, A female game developer publishes an anonymous account of the Culture of Intimidation in the Indie Game Dev-Journalism Scene. The article alleges suppression of the ongoing scandal and general climate of intolerance and cronyism in the indie game development industry. (AT)
- Youtuber Karen Straughan appears on the Honey Badger Radio discussing the ongoing scandal and the surrounding censorship : "Discussing Zoe Quinn and Feminist Mean Girls"
- Youtuber InternetAristocrat releases a second video on the controversy, discussing the among games journalists and websites, contrasted with the intense interest among gamers. The video also contrasts the journalists omertà with their earlier frenzies over Max Temkin, and David Jaffe, and discusses the Patreon donations made by various journalists to Quinn, and the Polaris GAME_JAM controversy.
23 Aug 2014
- Extensive censorship and shadow-banning of gamers continues on Reddit.
- Polygon Editor Ben Kuchera is revealed to have been donating to Zoe Quinn's Patreon fund since Jan 2014. Kuchera wrote a positive article in Polygon in May  about Quinn based on her alleged online harassment by WizardChan in Dec 2013, which lead to her game being green-lighted on Steam.
24 Aug 2014
TFYC IndieGoGo page hacked
- The Fine Young Capitalists' (TFYC) indiegogo gamejam page is hacked and changed to appear as if the campaign has been "closed". The defacement addresses the capitalized "/V/". The account was hacked due to someone guessing TFYC's password. TFYC later restored their page and announced that no money was lost as a result of the hacking. Article on Incident. 4chan Thread Archive
- Youtuber MundaneMatt is interviewed by Youtuber ReviewTechUSA, discussing events of the previous week, the DMCA takedown of his video, the emerging scandal surrounding Eron's post, the code of silence surrounding it, and Phil Fish's involvement.
- Wolf Wozniak PAX Passes - http://i.imgur.com/cr6tfHr.jpg
- Eron Gjoni, author of the original Zoe Quinn post, writes a long blog post about the events of the previous week. Gjoni also interviewed in the #burgersandfries IRC channel.
- The KotakuInAction subreddit is created to avoid the ongoing censorship in other gaming subreddits. Reddit admin disruption and down-voting brigades remain a constant problem for the subreddit over the coming months.
More game journalism ethical breaches found
- Despite their editor's previous statements, Kotaku is revealed to be breaking their own ethics policy. Kotaku Journalist Patricia Hernandez had written multiple stories about a games developer who is her close personal friend.
- It is revealed that Kotaku writer Nathan Grayson is friends  with game developer Robin Arnott. Grayson gave Arnott's game Soundself a glowing review in Kotaku. Grayson also promoted Arnott's work several times on Kotaku  during 2014, sometimes receiving an abnormal amount of coverage. At no point in his coverage did Grayson recuse himself or disclose his friendship with Arnott.
- Polygon game journalist Danielle Riendeau is revealed to have appeared together with Gone Home score composer and good friend Chris Remo appear on an IdleThumbs podcast, one week before Riendaeu gave Gone Home a 10/10 review on Polygon.
- More Conflict of Interest, developer promotion: http://imgur.com/a/x0NpT
25 Aug 2014
- A short video is made covering the harassment and DDoSing that The Fine Young Capitalists TFYC experienced after their encounter with Zoe Quinn.
- Journalist Devin Faraci, writer for badassdigest, tweets that Quinn's detractors were worse than ISIS. It is only one example of insults directed at gamers over the course of the scandal.
- A thread is started in the /r/games subreddit of detailing conflicts of interest in published articles at Kotaku and Polygon.
- In the middle of the ongoing furore, Feminist Frequency release their latest Tropes vs Women video. The video makes claims that several popular video game titles sexually objectify women, and even promote necrophilia. Over selected clips, the video claims that the games use exotic dancer, prostitutes, and even "mutilated eroticized female bodies";, to "sexually arouse straight male viewers". The video claims that several AAA games "capitalize on scenes of sexual violence [..] gleefully".
- Gamers note that almost all the videos clips were taken out of context and it is later shown that have completely misrepresented the games shown. However almost all major game news sites heap praise on the new video. With games sites now censoring most discussion, gamers are unable to discuss the issue on most sites.
26 Aug 2014
- Information surfaces that Kotaku writer Patricia Hernandez covered Drink and The Hunt for Gay Planet, which were games developed by her friend Anna Anthropy. Hernandez and Anthropy had been roommates for several months and shared a close friendship that was not disclosed in Hernandez's coverage.
- In response to earlier revelations Kotaku editor Stephen Totilo releases a statement on their stance towards Patreon donations from writers to Developers, which Kotaku now regards as a conflict of interest which it is now "nixing".
- After some pressure, Polygon editor in chief Chris Grant also releases a statement, saying they have asked all staff to disclose any Patreon contribution they have made to developers. Polygon did not state that it found such donations constituted a conflict of interest. Polygon also stated that articles would be retroactively updated to note such contributions, and that notices of such updates would be given. As of, 23 Nov 2014, no notices of any such updates have been made.
- Hollywood writer and director Joss Whedon tweets in praise of Feminist Frequency's video(TS)(AT), saying that he has just seen "bunch of women get sliced up in video games". Whedon himself has previous stated that he does not play video games.
- A blogger publishes an article contrasting Anita Sarkeesian's claims with those of Jack Thompson. The demonization of gamers as misogyists is decried, and the use of "culture of intimidation" being used to silence critics of gamer demonization is discussed.
27 Aug 2014
Creation of the #Gamergate hashtag
- Hollywood actor Adam Baldwin coins the hashtag "#Gamergate" in a tweet  linking to Internet Aristocrat's video. The scandal now has a name.
- Baldwin later explains that the tag was a reference to the Watergate scandal, and the usual -gate suffix attached to scandals in the US.
Gamers' consumer emails proposed
- The first 4chan post is made proposing the idea that will eventually become Operation Disrespectful Nod, gamers' consumer email campaign to advertising sponsors of corrupt websites.
- The twitter user @MissAngerist, who had previously criticized TFYC for accepting donations from 4chan's /v/, makes a twitlonger post admitting that she had been unfair to 4chan and that she had subsequently learned how the TFYC feminist project was almost shutdown by Zoe Quinn. She also discusses how a lot of harassment around the issue is coming from the social justice side. [TW]
Feminist Frequency Tweets
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian receives twitter death threats from an "@kdobbsz" twitter user, and tweets that she has received them on the Feminist Frequency twitter account. She later tweets that she has notified authorites and is leaving her home. Some hours later, she posts a screenshot of the tweets. Twitter timeline (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6).
- Polygon's sister site Verge is quick to tie the threats into the ongoing scandal between gamers and games journalists resulting from Eron Gjoni's post. Sarkeesian's threats will later be conflated with the ongoing scandal in the "Gamers are Dead" article barrage.
- The first mention of the tweets only appears on 4chan over 12 hours after the incident.
28 Aug 2014
The "Gamers are Dead" articles
- The "Gamers are Dead" articles - A blitz of anti-gamer articles begins to hit the web from various games journalist sites. Articles originate from a variety of sources including, but not limited, to Gamasutra, Destructoid, Kotaku, RockPaperShotgun, ArsTechnica, Vice, Buzzfeed, The Daily Beast, and Dr. Nerdlove.
- 'Gamers' don't have to be your audience. 'Gamers' are over. Exclusive - Leigh Alexander of Gamasutra (28th Aug)
- A Guide to Ending "Gamers" - Devin Wilson of Gamasutra (28th Aug)
- We Might Be Witnessing The 'Death of An Identity' - Luke Plunkett of Kotaku (28th Aug)
- An awful week to care about video games - Chris Plante, Polygon (28th Aug)
- The Monday Papers - Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun (1st Sep)
- The End of Gamers - Dan Golding, Director of Freeplay Independent Games Festival (28th Aug)
- The death of the “gamers” and the women who “killed” them - Casey Johnson of Ars Technica (28th Aug)
- It's Dangerous to Go Alone: Why Are Gamers So Angry? - Arthur Chu, The Daily Beast (28th Aug)
- Gaming Is Leaving “Gamers” Behind - Joseph Bernstein, Buzzfeed (28th Aug)
- Sexism, Misogyny, and online attacks: It's a horrible time to consider yourself a gamer - Patrick O'Rourke, Financial Post (28th Aug)
- The Independent Game Developers Association (IGDA), also releases a "Statement on Harassment" - IGDA Board of Directors
GameJournoPros : The articles constitutes a massive smear campaign by the online games media on the worldwide gaming community. Many of the articles explicitly tie the previous scandal stemming from Eron Gjoni's revelations into the recent threats faced by Anita Sarkeesian. Editorial collusion between games websites in the creation of this narrative is heavily suspected. These suspicions are later validated by the UK journalist Milo Yiannopoulos' exposure of the secretive GameJournoPros mailing list..
- Evidence later emerges that the "death of gamers" had already been in planning for over a year among games journalism and social justice cliques.
- Other articles released on Aug 28th:
- Misogynistic trolls drive feminist video game critic from her home - Callie Beusman, Jezebel
- A disheartening account of the harassment going on in gaming right now (and how Adam Baldwin is involved) - Victoria McNally, The Mary Sue
- Feminist video bloggers driven from home by death threats - Jack Smith IV, BetaBeat
- Anita Sarkeesian threatened with rape and murder for daring to keep critiquing video games - Anna Minard, The Stranger
- Fanboys, white knights, and the hairball of online misogyny - Tauriq Moosa, The Daily Beast
- In response to these articles, the #Gamergate hashtag explodes on Twitter over the coming days as gamers object to the slander and stereotyping of the gaming community by unethical journalists.
- Youtuber MundaneMatt releases a video response to the ongoing onslaught of attack articles by journalists on gamers, stating that the gamer identity is is alive and well, and that it is the behaviour and attitudes of game journalists that have let down gaming.
- Gamers' efforts to organize email campaigns to advertising sponsors intensify - markdownshare, screenshot, web.archive (30th Sep), [AT], http://i.imgur.com/ZJ0nDpt.jpg
29th Aug 2014
- A Co-Optional Podcast roundtable with TotalBiscuit, PressHeartToContinue, JesseCox, and Jontron, discuss how difficult it has been to have a discussion about recent events. Also discussed is the problem of Twitter and blog mobbing as an impediment to civil discussion, constructive criticism, and discussions of sexism.
- Second wave Feminist scholar Christina H. Sommers makes a tweet on how gamers are not political, and are not hurting anyone. Sommers later notes that are being bullied by gender-war opportunists, and are no longer being defended by their own press. Her tweets prompt an insightful comment from twitter user @macdatmurphy, which is well recieved by gamers.
- Gamers continue to discuss the recent attack articles and surrounding issue at the few sites still permitting discussion. Many gamers suspect orchestration and shutdown of criticism by games journalists. Suggestions of collusion similar to Ezra Klein's main-stream media JournoList scandal are made, and will later be vindicated by the discovery of the GameJournoPros secret email list.
- Return of Kings posts an article questioning whether the death threats sent against Anita Sarkeesian were fabricated (AT). While the sentiment is held among many, users on 4chan's /pol/ board had previously verified that the threatening tweets were sent prior to Feminist Frequencies first tweet
30 Aug 2014
- Independent gaming website Gamesnosh publish an article on the fallout from the "Gamers are Dead" attack pieces, referring to events using the term "#Gamergate".
- The General Manager of The Escapist, Alexander "Archon" Macris makes a statment that their website will continue to use the word "gamer", and support gamer culture. The post also affirms the the Escapist's commitment to journalistic integrity.
- The technology website TechRaptor, one of the few independent websites covering the scandal, is temporarily taken down after their webhost deletes their IP without explanation. Techraptor's main Reddit account and subreddit are also banned, but it is later claimed that the bans were unrelated to their involvement in #GamerGate. Techraptor receives a tweet telling them to "Get on the right side of history".
- Youtuber MundaneMatt releases a video questioning Leigh Alexander's professional conflicts of interest in writing for Gamasutra, while also working for a private games PR consulting agency.
- Youtuber InternetAristocrat releases the third video, covering the earlier denial and censorship of the games press, in contrast to the ballooning nature of the scandal and gamers' intense discussions. The escalation to derision of gamers culminating the in the "Gamers are Dead" article is noted. The connections of many individuals involved to the PR company Silverstring Media are also discussed.
- Leigh Alexander calls Adam Baldwin a "washed up crackhead" on twitter.
- A former co-worker of Maya Felix Kramer (aka @legobutts) of SilverString Media, alleges that Kramer exhibited a history of workplace bullying and career sabotage, as against TFYC.
31 Aug 2014
- Youtuber LEOPirate releases a video, covering recent events, discussing journalists corrupt efforts to smear the gamer identity, and urging gamers not to support corrupt sites. The video also covers how gamers have raised over $20,000 to date for a feminist game jam.
- Niche Gamer publishes an editorial criticizing the viewpoints of many of the games journalists currently attacking gaming, particularly their assertions that "fun" should not be an important part of video games.
01 Sep 2014
- Youtuber gamer Chris Ray releases a video on "Gamers are Dead" attack articles, and how gamers own media is re-stigmatizing gaming and are undoing the progress video games had made in being accepted by a wider audience, all in an effort to deflect from concerns over their own ethical issues.
- Milo Yiannopoulos, Associate Editor at Breitbart London, publishes one of the first GamerGate articles from the mainstream media which covers how games journalists have attacked the gaming community. In the article, Milo describes how the games press "rounded on its own readers, accusing them of bigotry and misogyny" and how the gaming community was "sick of being lectured to... by hypocrites and liars.". Yiannopoulos would later reveal the existence of the GameJournoPros secret email list.
- A new pro-gamer website, GoodGamers.us  promising to uphold ethical journalistic standards is announced:
- Operation Disrespectful Nod is launched on Github. Operation Disrespectful Nod is an email campaign to cut off ad revenue from anti-gamer journalists by contacting their advertisers.
- The UK newspaper The Guardian publishes an article attacking the games industry for having "a culture of hate and suspicion". The article focuses on Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian involved and dismisses gamers' concerns about corruption in games journalism.
- The author of the Guardian piece, Jenn Frank is revealed to have had an undisclosed conflicts of interest, having been funded on Patreon by Silverstring Media PR agent Maya Kramer. Anita Sarkeesian and Johnathan McIntosh of Feminist Frequency are also both advisors to Kramer's company Silverstring.
- A Youtube video is released by investigator CameraLady, detailing several corporate and clique connections in the indie games scene, centered on Silverstring Media, and the prestigious Independent Games Festival (IGF) awards. Questions are raised about the fairness of the IGF games judging process.
- A pastebin of a deleted google doc, giving an example of how the academic organisation DiGRA is seeking to promote the inclusion of Identity Politics into video games. DiGRA is also connected to PR firm Silverstring Media.
02 Sep 2014
- Czech game developer Daniel Vavra, designer of the Mafia series, makes a series of tweets saying that game developers "scared to write about the real subject" of #Gamergate, for fear that the poweful games media will no longer cover their games in retaliation, saying that "This is how few can terrorize many." He says that he will place his career on the line to speak about the real issues.
- Independent games website GamesNosh publishes an article by a female gamer on #Gamergate, on how the issues of transparancey in games journalism and indie dev favouritismare being buried in Gender issue. The article also notes how the media is systematically ignoring female gamers supporting #Gamergate.
- Totalbiscuit's makes a light-hearted satirical parody on pretentious indie devs (warning: (poor) singing).
- The Guardian edits their previous article with a partial disclaimer stating the author financially supported Quinn's game. The update omits that the author had been financially supported by Maya Kramer of Silverstring.
- The BBC technology desk publishes an article on the scandal, focusing exclusively on the tweets sent to Antia Sarkeesian and a narrative of misogyny in video games. The BBC's technology desk, assigned to cover the scandal, would consistently refuse to cover the problems of corruption in games journalism or address the viewpoints of gamers throughout its coverage in the coming months.
03 Sep 2014
- Ninouh90 creates the NotYourShield hashtag, in which minorities and women call for games journalists to stop using accusations of misogyny and racism to deflect discussion of corruption in the industry. The hashtag gives a voice to female and minority gamers who don't want to be used as an excuse for social justice lobbies to push political agendas onto gamers.
- Youtuber EventStatus releases a video "The Outright Hypocrisy, Manipulation & Disrespect of Consumers by Media", outlining the ugly attacks and stereotyping of gamers by journalists, and the lack of coverage of this by the media.
- Youtuber MundaneMatt releases a video criticizing recent assertions that gamers are "like nazis" 
- Youtuber Boogie2988 releases a video disputing the gaming media's assertion that Gamers are misogynist or racist.
- Game developer Ben Quintero is "downgraded" on Gamasutra after writing a blog post on the site calling for reconsiliation between gamers and game journalists.
- Al Jazeera publish an article on Gamergate.
04 Sep 2014
- TakuChat publish an article outlining how indie game developers Paul Hubans and Jennifer Dawe have been ostracized for stepping out of line in the indie game scene. Huban's lost connections for retweeting a recent video about corruption in the IGF, and Dawe had been attacked for disagreeing with Zoe Quinn in the past.
- David Auerbach from Slate magazine publishes an article stating that “Gaming Journalism Is Over." Auerbach describes how traditional games journalists were faced with a dwindling reader base due to popular YouTubers such as PewDiePie and that they were basically "rage-quitting their meal ticket" by attacking their remaining audience.
- Gearbox employee Anthony Burch openly reveals that his former coworkers at Destructoid gave Borderlands 2 favorable reviews due to his personal connections.
- Matt Rappard of TFYC appears on Honey Badger Radio discussing the Scandal and surrounding problems in the games industry.
- Adam Baldwin and the Internet Aristocrat appear on the Ed Morrissey Show to give an overview of and discuss the scandal
05 Sep 2014
- Ashton Liu, contributing Editor to RPGFan.com, publishes blog post "Gamers Are Not Dead, They Just Leveled Up", outlining several scandals, and decrying the behavior of major games websites as extremist and reprehensible, as well as their silencing and censorship of dissent. He admits that by doing so he has "gone rogue" from the mainstream game journalism clique.
- Wikipedia entry on #GamerGate is created. Groups such as Wiki_ProjectFeminism band together in an edit war to paint the movement as sexist and misogynist. At its peak, #GamerGate's Wikipedia entry had over 300 edits in a 3 day timespan from WikiProject Feminism. As of 27 Sep 2014, #GamerGate was still the most edited article in the WikiProject Feminism group, with 53 edits being made over 3 days.
- Kotaku editor Stephen Totilo writes an article on Gamergate, in which he states that his journalists are entitled to pay into developer's Patreon funds in order to gain access, and expense this cost.
06 Sep 2014
- Zoe Quinn publishes a series of tweets  containing excerpts from 4chan threads and the #burgersandfries IRC channel, alleging that #Gamergate was a planned "raid".
- A twitter account spams illegal pornography at the Feminist frequency twitter account. 4chan users quickly report the offending account for abuse.
- The LA Times prints an anti-gamer article in the vein of the earlier "Gamers are Dead" pieces in the games media
- MundaneMatt post a video response saying #Gamergate supporters are not responsible for the tweets to feminist frequency 
- Gamergate and related hashtags continue to trend on twitter.
- Alexander "Archon" Macris of The Escapist enters the #burgersandfries IRC channel to ask a set of questions about recent events, and receives responses from users in the channel rebutting several of the claims being made against #Gamergate.
- MundaneMatt releases a video response to Quinn's tweets, explaining that #burgerandfries is a public IRC channel for discussion and updates of the emerging scandal.
07 Sep 2014
- @Cainjw publishes an extensive analysis of the early timeline of Gamergate, rebutting Zoe Quinn's claims that there was harassment conspiracy by #4chan.
- A team of gamers investigating the leaked Polytron data from August releases a video outlining conflicts of interest at the Independent Games Festival (IGF), and the IndieCade game awards, centered around the the investment group Indie Fund. Indie Fund and Polytron investors are revealed to have been judges in the 2012 IGF awards, at which Polytron's "Fez" won the Grand Prize, while also entitled to a percentage of the game's sales upon its release the following month. The awards chair of IndieCade, at which Fez also won 2 awards, is also revealed to have been a Polytron investor. (Gamesnosh Article on video)
- Gamesnosh publish an Op-Ed on "The Long, Sad and Drawn out Death of the Games “Journalist”, covering the historical, cultural and economic reasons for the profession's decline
- Philip Wythe publishes a Daily Targum article, outlining the problems of harassment and abuse within social justice communities and how they have silenced and impeded discussion around recent events in gaming.
- Gamasutra writer Greg Costikyan responds to #GamerGate by stating that good men defend women, saying that "To defend the honour of Anita Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn, Leigh Alexander, or yes, Anna Anthropy, I will be willing to meet any of you, on horse or afoot, with sword or pistol, at a time and place of your choosing."
- In a  former Reddit mod XavierMendel describes the internal politics between Reddit mods and admins and the circumstances behind the 32,000 comments deleted in a thread on r/gaming during August. The interview describes Reddit's admins and moderators having a social environment similar to a collection of high school cliques with radical groups such as /r/SRS given disproportionate amounts of power relative to their size and behavior. XavierMendel also states that he started developing a reddit plugin which could encrypt PMs and subreddits, but ceased development after reddit admins threatened to accuse him of aiding and abetting in the distribution of child porn if he continued. (IndieJuice Article )
08 Sep 2014
- The Escapist magazine releases a Publisher's note on the state of gaming, addressing the recent fallout from the "Gamers are Dead" articles in August. The note also discusses the meaning of the gamer identity, the current state of the games industry, and game journalism. Also published is a set revised ethical standards for content across all of Defy Media, addressing concerns raised during recent events.
- Tyler Malka, owner of the forum NeoGaf, tweets that #GamerGate is being kept afloat by “200 nonspecifically disenfranchised manchildren.
- Rock Paper Shotgun publishes a long article giving their response to recent the concerns raised in recent weeks, stating that the evidence appears to point towards a "conspiracy of misogynists to silence progressive writers". RPS also affirms that it will continue its stance on game criticism, stating that "But if you talk about games, you talk about politics." 
- TechRaptor tweets that their website database was hacked and they have lost several days of data. It is the latest in a series of attacks on the website following its coverage of the scandal to date.
- Two gamers editing the emerging Wikipedia gamergate article are doxxed by a "social justice" blogger in an extensive blogpost. Zoe Quinn makes a tweet about the blogpost
09 Sep 2014
- A confirmed former games journalist makes a post in the /r/Games subreddit detailing corruption in the Australian gaming press. The source states that unprofessionally close relationships between Australian game publishers and game journalists motivated them to kill a story after a security breach resulted in over 40,000 user accounts getting compromised by hackers . EA would later confirm that the incident occurred at the community forum for developer Firemonkeys on Sep 8th, 2013.
- As a result of gamers consumer emails, one of the "Gamers are Dead" sites, Polygon is reported to have lost an advertising sponsor. Another sponsor, Stacksocial is alleged to have pulled ads from Kotaku polygon
- APGNation publishes an interview with Matthew Rappard of The Fine Young Capitalists, on the difficulties that TFYC's feminist game jam faced due to opposition from Zoe Quinn throughout 2014, as well as their recent interactions and difficulties over the course of the current scandal.
- Youtuber TotalBiscuit release a 30 minute video discussing recent developments in games media industry and the principles of gaming media
- A large number of articles painting #GamerGate as a misogynistic movement created by conspiring 4chan users are published over a 24 hour period, including in the Telegraph and Der Spiegal 
- The Taiwan electronics newspaper DigiTimes, publishes a commentary arguing that "Time is running out for console makers to clean up GamerGate", and that the demonization of gamers and other negative press could impact fourth quarter holiday sales of video games and consoles.
10 Sep 2014
- Game Journalist Jason Schreier writes twitlonger giving reasons for why the story of TFYC and their game jam's difficulties are not being reported on Kotaku.
- During a discussion on Gamergate during the Rooster Teeth, Patch podcast, machinima filmmaker Burnie Burns comments that "the language and vernacular of gamers is winning or losing" and also "cheating" and that gamers will react if they believe the system is being cheated.
- Amid increasing censorship of Gamergate discussion on websites, the forum Gamergate.community forum is founded.
- Japanese twitter users begin to tweet about the #Gamergate and #NotYourShield hashtags 
- A very detailed pastebin emerges outlining the many connections among a clique centered around the PR company Silverstring media, involving game journalists, indie developers, PR contacts, and academics.
11 Sep 2014
- The Fine Young Capitalists $65,000 IndieGoGo campaign is successfully funded with the help of donations from gamers on 4chan and other websites (despite being banned from NeoGAF).
- Youtuber and games journalist George Wiedman, aka "Super Bunnyhop", releases a long video on Gamergate, discussing the issues surrounding relationships between journalists and their sources. The video includes an interview with Georgia State University Professor Greg Lisby on ethics in journalism, and an email interview with retired New York Times journalist Mitch Keller.
- The website Goodgamers.us is launched 
- A game developer from New Zealand post on KotakuInAction saying that Gamergate has been a long time coming, and that many developers have been the targets of industry bullying at the hands of social justice cliques
12 Sep 2014
- TechRaptor releases an article of an interview conducted with Daniel Vavra, co-founder of Warhorse Studios and supporter of GamerGate.
14 Sep 2014
- Leigh Alexander of Gamasutra appears at XOXO Fest and admits to promoting an agenda in her articles.
15 Sep 2014
- Wikileaks tweets support for #GamerGate.
16 Sep 2014
- A 4chan moderator demands that users stop posting a Cracked article written by Zoe Quinn and starts banning anyone who mentions it. /v/ explodes, and the mod responds by stating that the bans were a violation of the "no commercial spam" rule. All relevant threads and all subsequent #GamerGate threads are deleted.
- Feminist Christina Hoff Sommers publishes a video denouncing recent attacks on gamers.
- Prominent skeptic Richard Dawkins tweets support for Christina H. Sommers and states "We don't let religion pass myth off as fact. Feminism should be no different." Dawkins refers to Sommers' attackers as the "Big Sister is Watching You Thought Police."
17 Sep 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos reveals the presence of a secret games journalist mailing list called GameJournoPros which secretly communicates outside of the public eye in order to control the narrative in the gaming industry. The group consists of 150 figures in the games industry from various different sites.
- Rooster Teeth podcast video posted to Youtube explaining how award shows are rigged and influenced by cronyism.
- NicheGamer releases an article of an interview they had with an anonymous Xbox developer who supports GamerGate.
18 Sep 2014
- Chris Poole aka. moot returns to 4chan after attending the XOXO fest in Portland, OR. moot releases a statement that #GamerGate threads are being deleted from 4chan because "they violate our blanket 'no personal information / raids / calls to invasion". 4chan users report that multiple threads about corruption in gaming journalism are being deleted from /v/, /pol/, and even /b/. The 4chan userbase splits, with many members leaving for 8chan.
- Milo Yiannopoulos releases additional email chains from the GameJournoPros group. Contents of the leaked emails include game journalists joking about sleeping with PR and developers, banding together to purchase a "feel better" gift for Zoe Quinn, and taking turns calling Eron Gjoni a psychopath.
- Video game critic Liana K jokes at a conference about inflating the scores of games that deserve a 7.5/10.0 to an 8.0/10.0 so the game developers do not get penalized by Metacritic averages, as a way of calling attention to the harmful influence that Metacritic has in the industry. Despite suggestions to the contrary, there is no evidence of Liana actually manipulating her scores, and she has strongly denied the accusation
- NicheGamer releases an article of interviews they had with anonymous, named and aspiring developers. The article also includes an interview with the creator of the NotYourShield hashtag, Jason Miller.
19 Sep 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos is mailed a large package of toilet paper to his home address.
- Milo Yiannopoulos releases transcripts from GameJournoPros in which James Fudge, the managing editor of GamePolitics.com and Ben Kuchera, opinion editor at Polygon.com, pressure Greg Tito, the editor in chief of Escapistmagazine.com to delete a forum thread about Zoe Quinn and corruption in the gaming industry.
- Reddit admins add a new feature which would allow moderators to collapse all a deleted or removed comment and its replies. Users are still able to uncollapse the comment if they can find it.
- Matt Rappard from TFYC reports another hacking attempt on their account.
- Adland.tv speculates that the Gamers are Dead attack will shrink the overall advertising budget for games journalism as an industry 
- TechRaptor interviews an anonymous Xbox One developer who sheds some light on corruption in the gaming journalism industry.
- The seminal blog post Intellectual bullying and the postmodern discourse of GamerGate is published on the Mitrailleuse.
20 Sep 2014
- The Escapist is temporarily taken down due to a DDOS attack on the primary GamerGate thread on their forum.
- All activity related to GamerGate is banned from the TVTropes forums.
- The Ralph Retort reports that in 2011, Neogaf sold user content to Kotaku without the permission of the user. The source chose to remain anonymous due to the damage that could be caused if he/she went public.
21 Sep 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos is mailed a syringe at his home address.
- Dina Abou Karam, community manager for The Mighty Number 9, blocks Kickstarter supporters who support GamerGate from the game’s official twitter.
- Stardock CEO Brad Wardell releases a blog post in which he expressed sympathy for GamerGate and dismay at the "character assassination and harassment" conducted by its opponents.
- Editor Titanium Dragon is banned from Wikipedia for "inserting unsourced or poorly sourced defamatory content" into an article about Zoe Quinn. Titanium dragon had included a Cinemablend article describing the doxxing of TFYC and a Forbes article about accusations made by Zoe Quinn against Wizardchan.
22 Sep 2014
- 8chan announces a partnership with 2ch.net.
- Milo Yiannopoulos posts the first #radionero broadcast. Guests include Christine Sommers and Adam Baldwin.
- An anonymous contributor from a US congressional IP address edits Kotaku's wikipedia page to state that GamerGate opponents are running a campaign of cultural marxism. The edit was quickly reverted.
- TechRaptor interviews game developer and Stardock Corporation CEO Brad Wardell, who speaks out against irresponsible journalism and supports #GamerGate's end goals.
23 Sep 2014
- Gamergate breaks one million tweets.
- Milo Yiannopoulos publishes another GameJournoPros article describing sloppy, unethical reporting by Kotaku opinion editor Ben Kuchera. The article describes how Kuchera published a story about false sexual harassment allegations against Stardock CEO Brad Wardell. Milo cites two unnamed industry sources who thought that the articles were intended to cause "professional damage to someone he perceived to have right-wing politics."
- Jimmy Wales, one of the co-founders of Wikipedia, responds to GamerGate issue by saying "To everyone who is asking me. I know little about #GamerGate and will not have time to look into it until Thursday. Meanwhile, relax, ok?"
- Eron Gjoni asks for financial assistance in an ongoing legal battle with his ex girlfriend. Eron's GoFundMe page is taken down shortly afterwards due to a cited TOS violation . Eron later confirms that his GoFundMe was fully funded (approximately 2,000 USD) before it was shut down and that he was able to receive his money.
- Contributer to IGN, Matt Clark has a meltdown on Twitter.
24 Sep 2014
- The Escapist publishes an article of interviews conducted with female game developers on the subject of GamerGate.
25 Sep 2014
- Jimmy Wales tweets that the GamerGate Wikipedia entry is "not unfair to either side. It's just a badly written battleground." Wales proceeds to state that he will lock current editors from changing the GamerGate Wikipedia entry and bring in neutral 3rd parties to rewrite it.
- Allum Bokhari posts an article on Techcrunch deploring the politicization of gaming journalism and compares the gamer revolt to what would have happened if game journalists had sided with Jack Thompson instead of denouncing him.
- EA director Chris Mancil comments on GamerGate. Mancil points to a "loss of connection between ordinary gamers and the games industry" as the primary driving force behind #GamerGate and compares the rage with "banks, cellular providers, airlines, cable companies and the hate those relationships generate with customers who NEED that service but get treated like beasts."
26 Sep 2014
- Rumors spread of SilverString Media bringing in PR teams to do damage control on GamerGate. 8chan posters suggest that PR will attempt to neutralize the uproar from gamers with an attack from moderation.
- KotakuInAction posters report seeing over 1,700 twitterbots spamming #GamerGate tweets.
27 Sep 2014
- InternetAristocrat releases GamerGate Part 1: The Path We've Taken video.
28 Sep 2014
- KingofPol is doxxed by a 4chan moderator. KingofPol later confirms that he was was doxxed on his official twitter.
30 Sep 2014
- Jack Conte, CEO of Patreon, tweets that many people find the Sarkeesian Effect documentary to be "hurtful and exclusive" and considers taking it down. Patreon later decides not to take down the Sarkeesian Effect account.
- Intel pulls advertiser support from Gamasutra.
02 Oct 2014
- A user on /r/kotakuinaction who sat in on Eron Gjoni's court case reports that the judge invoked a 209a restraining order against Eron until 2015. The post continued by stating that the judge viewed Eron's intention to publish public court documents as ‘intimidation’ against his ex-girlfriend. The hearing lasted about ten minutes, after which Eron's attorney was sufficiently outraged that he offered to take Eron through a substantial portion of the appeals process pro bono.
- A kotakuinaction politicalcompass.org survey reveals that members of GamerGate tend to fall under the left/libertarian end of the political spectrum.
- TechRaptor interviews indie game developer Jennifer Dawe, who disputes the myth that the gaming industry is hostile/unwelcoming to women.
03 Oct 2014
- GamerGate tweets traffic to the highest point in over a month, likely due to discussion about Intel's decision to drop advertising from Gamasutra.
- 8chan tweets that their site undergone a DDOS attack.
- Github takes down a Gamergate repository. Repository is mirrored on gitorious as an alternative.
- Gitorious announces that they did not find the GamerGate repository to be in any violation of their terms of services.
04 Oct 2014
- The University of Advanced Technology pulls advertising from Gamasutra due to concerns with negative journalism.
06 Oct 2014
- George Reese, Executive Director of Cloud Computing at Dell, tweets that GamerGate is the technology sector's ISIS. The tweet is deleted shortly afterwards.
- Totalbiscuit tweets support for GamerGate.
- Wikipedia admin adds "The neutrality of this article is disputed" disclaimer to their GamerGate page.
08 Oct 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos conducts an AMA on the Kotaku in Action subreddit.
- Totalbiscuit reveals that advertising agency Plaid Social offered YouTubers deals to receive pre-release copies of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor in return for favorable reviews.
- Jimmy Wales tweets "I'm discovering that the number of jerks advocating for #gamergate is vast."
09 Oct 2014
- Robert Ohlen, the CEO of Dreamhack, the largest LAN party in the world, calls people that support the #GamerGate hashtag "retards" and "asshats" on Twitter.
- T.C. Sottek, Editor for The Verge goes into #burgersandfries IRC channel as basedtc to ask questions. This is after writing an article titled "Stop supporting Gamergate" on the 8th of October.
10 Oct 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos releases another GameJournosPro article on how games journalists joked about releasing paid reviews and laughed at controversial developer Phil Fish.
- The Escapist releases an article of an interview conducted with Daniel Vavra, developer and co-founder of Warhorse Studios, as well as a supporter of GamerGate.
- David Auerbach author of Slate.com's Bitwise column drops into #burgersandfries IRC channel as trajan to answer any questions.
- The Escapist publishes an article of interviews conducted with game developers titled "What Game Developers Think of #GamerGate". This was later changed to "What Male Game Developers Think of #GamerGate", due to complaints of sexism. One of the studio's interviewed within the article contained both genders therefore a note was added with the following "Exception: Crowned Daemon Studios includes both genders but is grouped with this list.". Interviews of Slade Villena and James Desborough were later removed "due to complaints (accompanied by what appears to be actual evidence)" of harassment.
- William Usher Releases an article about a GameJournoPros leak in which a former GJP member talks about a conflict many conflicts of interests and claiming #Gamergate isn't about ethics because they haven't called them out. 
13 Oct 2014
- Brianna Wu cancels an interview with Milo Yiannopoulos without a previous notice for going to an interview in msnbc, Milo explains the situation in detail on his radio show.
- msnbc(Microsoft and the National Broadcasting Company) covers the Gamergate controversy. Joy Reid invites Eric Johnson writer for "Re/Code," who made claims about sexism in the gaming world and Brianna wu who claimed to receive threats from "Gamergate". Being this the first coverage of gamergate by mainstream media 
14 Oct 2014
- Erik Kain, Frederick Brennan (AKA "Hotwheels"), and Brianna Wu attend a Huffington Live Post segment. Zoe Quinn was originally scheduled to appear, but she canceled her appearance on the show after finding out that she would be speaking alongside the founder of 8Chan.
- Erik Kain and Brianna Wu appear on a BBC world service podcast(Gamergate segment starts at 16:50). Kain describes conflict of interest problems in the gaming industry while Brianna insists that Gamergate is all about sexism.
- Fredrick Brennan, AKA Hotwheels, conducts an AMA on KotakuInAction.
- Wikileaks tweets encouragement for GamerGate and states that media corruption goes up to the top with the BBC and Google. @wikileaks #GamerGate So you found out your media is corrupt. It is. Now go all the way to the top
- NicheGamer releases an article of an interview conducted with two anonymous developers "of iconic pedigree" who support GamerGate.
15 Oct 2014
- Jennie Bharaj, Georgina Young and Jemma Morgan attend a Huffington Live Post segment where they provided perspective on GamerGate from the perspective of three pro-gamer women.
- The New Statesman publishes an article on the deployment of twitterbots to waste the time of misogynist GamerGaters.
- CNN interviews Kotaku writer Evan Narcisse which says #gamergate refers to debates of the definition of video games the gamer indentity and blames threats against Anita Sarkeesian to #Gamergate 
- Richard Quest from CNN Interviews Brianna Wu on the death threats she claimed has received form #GamerGate
- The official Raspberry Pi twitter account endorses the #StopGamerGate2014 hashtag.
16 Oct 2014
- Gawker Writer Sam Biddle tweets that "#GamerGate is reaffirming what we've known to be true for decades: nerds should be constantly shamed and degraded into submission." Biddle later brags that Gawker Senior Editor Max Read gave him a raise for his comment.
17 Oct 2014
- Mercedes Benz confirms that that they would pull advertising from Gawker after hearing about comments from Gawker writer Sam Biddle regarding bullying.
- Bonobos confirmed that they no longer advertise with Gawker despite being listed as a partner at their site.
18 Oct 2014
- William Usher, one of the leakers of the GameJournosPro list, publishes evidence that members of the GameJournoPro group conspired to fire and blacklist then-Destructoid writer Allistar Pinsof after Pinsof warned consumers about corruption in an IndieGoGo campaign.
19 Oct 2014
- Kotakuinaction mods post evidence that the subreddit is being brigaded by gamerghazi and subredditdrama. Reddit admin Ocrasorm states that they are dealing with the users now.
- Totalbiscuit tweets that moderators deleted a thread on /r/games with over 600 comments criticizing Polygon's coverage of Hatred. He also tweets that popular, active threads seem to vanish at random and that a reasonable post criticising Youtubers for lack of disclosure was replied to by several YTers and deleted shortly afterwards.
20 Oct 2014
- BMW pulls advertising support from Gawker.
- Piemonkey, a moderator for r/games, claims that nobody submitted any news articles on the GameJournoPros leaks and that the moderators only removed "opinion pieces" from the subreddit.
22 Oct 2014
- Olympus withdraws advertising support from Gawker.
- Nissan suspends advertising ties with Gawker.
- Max Read, editor in chief of Gawker, publishes an article in which he calls GamerGate "dishonest fascists," calls Intel "craven idiots" and "pusillanimous morons," and states that he is not apologetic for Sam Biddle's Bring Back Bullying comments.
- Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock, publishes a blog entry on how he was smeared by Kotaku after he was hit with false sexual harassment charges
23 Oct 2014
- Jonathan Blow, designer of Braid and The Witness and partner in IndieFund tweets about blacklisting in the gaming industry.
- Youtube personality Sargon of Akkad creates a video illustrating Gamasutra writer Leigh Alexander's lack of ethics in game journalism.
24 Oct 2014
- Digiday, a news site for advertising/PR professionals, runs an article in which EA spokesperson John Reseburg states that EA has pulled advertising from Gawker. The article also indicates that Discover has also ceased advertising with Gawker, but does not provide a source.
- @idlediletante, an associate of Zoe Quinn, files a false police report with the LAPD against Mike Cernovich. Cernovich leaves his house to avoid potentially getting SWATed and tweets that he will pursue legal action against @idlediletante.
- KingofPol tweets that he was doxxed and sent a knife in the mail.
- Game design consultant Ernest Adams, founder of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA), threatens pro-GamerGate indie developers, stating "If you're an indie developer and you are supporting #GamerGate, watch what you say. Your future business is at stake." Shortly afterwards, the official IGDA twitter distanced themselves from Adams, stating "though @ErnestWAdams founded IGDA 20 yrs ago, [he] has not been involved for 15+ yrs".
- Allistair Pinsof (formerly fired from Destructoid after a secret GamesJournoPros discussion) tweets that the moderators at /r/Games turned down an offer for him to conduct an AMA there.
- General Motors responds to emails, stating bullying of any kind should not be tolerated. GM continued to state that they do not have any sponsorships with Gawker Media nor do they conduct business or have any plans for the future. Any GM brand ads seen on Gawker would have been purchased through a network based on reaching a targeted audience.
- Colgate pulls ads from Gawker.
- Jason Schreier of Kotaku admits his involvement in "GamesJournoPros" on Twitter.
- The Yellow Box blog runs a two part article describing #gamergate and the ensuing site boycott as a "business and advertising nightmare: part mixture of wasted ad budgets, part wasted time, and part wasted energy" and mentions that gaming publications were previously viewed as safe bets for marketing and advertising money, but that no longer seems to be the case.
25 Oct 2014
- The GamerGate Wikipedia article is unblocked for editing. Edits of the article spike, though, the "The neutrality of this article is disputed" tag remains. As of 27 Oct 2014, WikiProject Feminism has GamerGate listed as their #1 hot article with 329 edits in the last 3 days.
- Allistair Pinsof conducts an AMA on reddit.
- Ernest Adams Tweets confirm blacklisting is happening in the gaming industry.
- Dale North, Editor In Chief of Destructoid, announces his resignation on Tumblr.
- Robert Ohlen, CEO of Dreamhack, is forced to step down as CEO.
26 Oct 2014
27 Oct 2014
- KingofPol tweets that someone falsely claimed he was suicidal on a 911 call and had emergency services sent to his house.
- David Pakman interviews Brianna Wu to discuss #Gamergate and the threats against her; Brianna ends up accusing David of conducting a hit piece interview.
28 Oct 2014
- Kelloggs stops advertising with Gawker.
- David Auerbach publishes an article urging the gaming press to end GamerGate by address existing ethical problems in the gaming industry.
- Jimmy Wales posts on a Wikipedia talk page that collusion exists in the gaming journalism industry after he viewed information on GameJournoPros. "Having looked at the leaked emails, I would say that the allegations of collusion are largely and obviously true. So there's not really any justification for us to go further than "denied".--Jimbo Wales (talk) 13:39, 28 October 2014 (UTC)"
- David Pakman interviews Breitbart reporter Milo Yiannopoulos to give his side of the story with regard to an interview with Brianna Wu that never took place, and to give his view on #gamergate.
29 Oct 2014
- The original doxxing of TFYC is linked to a writer named Jonathan Ross. Ross was found to have used the alias "Aerox47" on Destructoid and Twitter. Zoe Quinn + Maya Kramer had retweeted the original doxx, but were not otherwise connected. When questioned, the owner of Destructoid, Yanier “Niero” Gonzalez, stated that “Ross was never an employee, just a smart guy from our community who pointed out typos. He was active a long time ago, maybe 5 years ago." However, Aerox’s profile on Destructoid indicated he was active as recently as November 2013.
- David Pakman interviews Pro-gg and gamer Jennie Bharaj to discuss her views on the issues of video game journalistic corruption, fraud, and more.
30 Oct 2014
- Mother Jones editor Ben Dreyfuss tweets that "it would be funny to play pinata with the bodies of white straight men who hung themselves" while talking about #gamergate.
- David Pakman interviews Gaming comentator and critic John Bain aka TotalBiscuit to discuss #GamerGate, Journalistic ethics, harassment, gifts, bribes and more.
31 Oct 2014
- Mozilla's The Open Standard publishes a opinion piece criticizing GamerGate.
3 Nov 2014
- Mozilla's The Open Standard calls for someone to write a rebuttal pro-GamerGate article.
4 Nov 2014
- Mozilla's The Open Standard publishes a pro-GamerGate rebuttal piece written by Georgina Young.
- IGF judge Mattie Brice tweets "judging IGF games now, and automatically rating low any games with men in them. loving all this power."
- William Usher from Cinemablend reveals that Leigh Alexander (Gamasutra), Patrick Klepek (Giant Bomb), Matt Clark (IGN), and Russ Pitts (Polygon) were all members of the GameJournoPros mailing list. These four individuals were not included in Milo Yiannopoulos's original GameJournoPros expose.
- David Pakman discusses with 'nerd culture blogger' Arthur Chu about #Gamergate and #Tweetlikenotyourshield.
5 Nov 2014
- Mozilla apologizes to their readers, stating that a controversial topic like GamerGate did not fit with the intent of The Open Standard. Mozilla proceeds to remove both the pro and anti GamerGate articles from The Open Standard.
- David Pakman interviews 8chan.co's Admin Fredderick Brennan aka Hotwheels/Copypaste who denounces Brianna Wu's Doxing and Harassment 
6 Nov 2014
- Scrivener states they have not had a relationship with Gawker since June 2014 and do not intend to start a new relationship in light of the Gawker bullying comments.
- David Pakman discusses #gamergate with Liana Kerzner, Canadian cosplayer, sex-positive feminist and video game writer.
7 Nov 2014
- Dyson pulls advertising from Gawker.
- David Pakman interviews Matthew Rappard from The Fine Young Capitalists to discuss their involvement in #gamergate and details surrounding the doxxing of Zoe Quinn.
- TechRaptor interviews gaming journalist Liana K, who discusses the counteractive impact of polarizing feminist figures in #GamerGate.
9 Nov 2014
- Mattie Brice asks to be removed from the IGF judge position after the IGF contacted her with concerns that she would make biased judgments on games.
- William Usher posts a GameJournoPros email from May 2013 in which Brandon Boyer, the chairman of the IGF, sent out invites for the Horizon game conference to members of the mailing list. Kyle Orland, senior gaming editor of Ars Technica, responds by stating "The benefits of your GJP memberhip just keep growing. JOIN TODAY!"
10 Nov 2014
- The IGF publishes an apology to Mattie Brice, saying that her comment to "automatically rating low any games with men in them. loving all this power" was made in jest. They then state that they would welcome Mattie Brice if she chose to return to a judge position with the IGF.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's @nero account is suspended on twitter causing him to temporarily switch to alternate account @Caligula.
- David Pakman publishes a video of his opinion of GamerGate.
11 Nov 2014
- Milo Yiannopoulos's @nero account is restored on twitter.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has a dead animal sent to his home.
- William Usher reveals a GameJournoPros email sent by Ben Kuchera which showed that despite claims that he was harassed for talking about ethics, as of 7 Sep 2014, Kuchera admitted that he had "yet to receive a single message from an actual reader about any of this" and that he was "not convinced the people who play games or read our sites care."
- TheRalphRetort releases an article pointing out IGDA's affiliated researchers illegaly distributed an article of his.
- Giffgaff pulls advertising from Gawker.
13 Nov 2014
- Jennie Bharaj launches an indiegogo campaign for basedgamer.com. Basedgamer.com intends to be a gaming review site which operates similarly to rottentomatoes.com.
- Jimmy Wales asks Tarc to step back from editing the GamerGate wikipedia entry after Tarc claimed that slate.com writer David Auerbach said that victims of harassment were responsible for the harassment they received. Wales then recommends that Tarc be topic banned if he did not step back voluntarily.
- The Gamergate Dossier is released to the public.
14 Nov 2014
- Gamasutra tweets "Yes, @Intel reinstated ads on Gamasutra. Yes, it's a paid campaign. No, it's not an ad service. Thanks for reading!" Analysis of Gamasutra.com's source code indicates that all intel ads are currently provided via google. Later in the day, the Telegraph cited Intel PR confirming resumption of ads on Gamasutra.
- GamerGate Supporter Roguestar repeatedly has his account banned on twitter. As of 17 Nov 2014, Roguestar's twitter is still suspended. Suspect abuse of twitters reporting system.
- The CBC runs a hitpiece on GamerGate in which Milo Yiannopoulos and David Pakman are implied to have been involved in harassing women. CBC writer John Bowman later states on twitter that "The fact is 'ethics in video game journalism' is not a topic of interest to a broad radio or online audience" but that "The harassment of women in technology is of wide interest."
- David Pakman releases a video talking about how CBC labels him as a "Harrasser of Women" for doing GamerGate interviews.
16 Nov 2014
- Jimmy Wales asks Ryulóng to step away from the GamerGate Wikipedia entry due to his animosity towards David Auerbach.
- GamerGate supporter Margeret Gel tweets that she was SWATed.
17 Nov 2014
- Matthew Schnee, Front-End Web Engineer at Blizzard, tweets that someone should turn the GamerGate blocker into an employment blacklist.
- GamerGate supporter Mikie the Gengstar tweets that someone called 911 and had the police sent to his house under false pretenses.
- Solution6 ARG begins with the uploading of two YouTube videos containing embedded images hidden in the audio feed.
- NicheGamer releases an article of a second interview conducted with the anonymous Xbox developer.
18 Nov 2014
- Matthew Schnee, Front-End Web Engineer at Blizzard apologizes for his earlier tweets on blacklisting GamerGate supporters from the video games industry.
19 Nov 2014
- Mike Cernovich interviews Geordie Tait, an outspoken detractor of GamerGate, live on his YouTube channel.
20 Nov 2014
- William Usher releases an article titled "#GamerGate: Ben Kuchera And The Life And Nepotism Of Game Journo Pros".
21 Nov 2014
- The Independent Game Developers Association (IGDA), releases a page on how to deal with online harassment. The resource includes a link to the anti-gamergate twitter blocklist bot created by Randi Harper and describes individuals on it as "some of the worst offenders in the recent wave of harassment."  The list automatically blocks anyone who has followed @Nero, @PlayDangerously, @RogueStarGamez, @TheRalphRetort, @_icze4r, @RealVivianJames, or @CHOBITCOIN, and does not analyze any content of user tweets for harassment. Blocked twitter accounts include Roberto Rosario chairperson of IGDA Puerto Rico. Rosario tweets for the IGDA to remove him from the list or he will submit his resignation next Tuesday (25 Nov 2014).
22 Nov 2014
- The IGDA backpedals and takes down the link to the anti-gamergate twitter blocklist. In a private email to an anonymous indie dev, the IGDA stated that the list had nothing to do with the IGDA, and that the dev would need to take up the issue with the tool's developer to get their name removed. However, the LinkedIn profile and Facebook posts from Donna Prior and WIG, the IGDA’s “Women in Games” division, indicate that the IGDA has a greater role in the twitter blocklist than they are currently claiming.
- Breitbart publishes on article about the IGDA controversy which includes statements from developers.
- GamesNosh publishes a satire article ridiculing the inclusion of KFC in the ggautoblocker as well as IGDA's endorsment of it.
23 Nov 2014
24 Nov 2014
- Game developer Michael Massey resigns from IGDA due to its endorsment of the ggautoblocker.
- TechRaptor releases an article of various game developers reactions towards the IGDA controversy.
- Breitbart releases an article in which it lists IGDA's past and latest action that have destroyed it's reputation as a honest organization.
- David Pakman releases a video with his reaction and thoughts on having one of his twitter accounts being put on the ggautoblocker blocklist.
25 Nov 2014
- David Pakman releases a video update on the situation of him being put on the ggautoblocker list.
- The Raspberry Pi twitter account is found to be using ggautoblocker. One of the people who found themselves blocked is Roberto Rosario, chairman of IGDA Puerto Rico.
- Youtube channel Bro Team Pill releases a video in which they interview a game developer who sympathizes with GamerGate.
26 Nov 2014
- TechRaptor apologizes for making mistakes on the "Twitter Blocklist of over 10,000 Accounts causes Trouble for more than just Gamers and Developers" article and adds a disclaimer at the bottom.
- Georgina Young writes an apology to Techraptor's readers for the mistakes made in her latest article and explains she also had to change the mention of Christina Hoff Sommers as a feminist scholar to "Factual Feminists" (Her youtube channel's name) to stop the uproar from Third wave feminists that didn't recognize her as one despite her having a PhD from Brandeis University and written several books on feminism.
27 Nov 2014
- Techraptor makes an article about FTC forcing Gawker and Kotaku to disclose affiliate links. Later that day the author writes an update on the bottom of the article to clarify that this order from FTC only refers to Kotaku.
28 Nov 2014
- The Australia Culture Blog of The Guardian's website published an article of an interview conducted with Alanah Pearce, a video games journalist. In the interview she reveals that she is receiving harassment and various threats from young boys, the interviewer writes in the article that Pearce "believes the harassment she’s been receiving is directly related to Gamergate controversy". After this article was released Rawstory published an article titled "Gamergate victim strikes back at male stalkers with a brilliant new ploy: Telling their moms". After GamerGate supporters brought this article to her attention she tweeted, "Yeah, I'm not comfortable suggesting that this is related to GG. There's no indication of that."  The "GamerGate" in the headline was replaced with "game reviewer" and the article was updated to include the quote from twitter. An editors note was left saying she "previously said that Gamergate activists were behind her harassment, but then told the Guardian that she changed her mind about that". In the following days many other articles were written blaming the harassment she received on GamerGate.
29 Nov 2014
- William Usher publishes an article titled "#GamerGate: ‘Your Check – From A Publisher – Is In The Mail’ States GJP Thread".
- TechRaptor publishes an interview conducted with Jennifer Dawe, an Indie Developer and GamerGate supporter.
- TechRaptor publishes an article about Wikipedia's involvement with GamerGate titled "Wikipedia Attempts to Redeem Neutrality Over GamerGate Article".
1 Dec 2014
- NicheGamer releases another article of an interview conducted with Xbro, an Xbox game developer. This interview was on the subject of IGDA and blacklists.
- TechRaptor published an article about David S. Gallant an indie developer, David S. Gallant decided not to give steam keys to GamerGate supporters who had previously bought his game "I Get This Call Every Day".
- William Usher releases an article about John T. Drake a former press representative for Harmonix and current director of portfolio strategy at PlayStation who was in a relationship with Andrea Rene, a freelancer and former contributor to the Escapist, while doing preview for Harmonix’s Fantasia: Music Evolved. There were no disclosures of this fact or any acknowledgments during the time the preview was published.
2 Dec 2014
- Brad Wardell writes an entry in his blog showing disapproval of Zoe Quinn's call to blacklist an illustrator who drew a comic she found offensive, due to this the opposition of GamerGate started a boycotting campaign against Brad's company Stardock.
3 Dec 2014
- Techraptor's Georgina Young interviews William O’Neal, a Journalist who was a member of GameJournoPros, about his famous phrase and his depiction of the private google mailing list.
- William Usher publishes an article about Desura's stance on David S. Gallant's actions as well as their policies, they also revealed that David removed his game from Desura. David claimed that Desura's "social media representative acted in an unprofessional manner" towards him, so therefore he decided to pull his game.
- William Usher releases an update on the David Gallant situation, the update reveals that David is unable to withold steam keys from being given to specific accounts. Due to this David abandons his plan of withholding steam keys from GamerGate supporters who had originally bought his game.
- An article on The Amherst Student, a college student newspaper, was released by William Harvey. Its tone is fairly neutral, and seriously talked about both the perceived harassment and corruption both sides present. At this time, the article appears to have been removed, though an archive can be found here.
- Target Australia pulls GTA5 from shelves. The decision is attributed to an online petition that claimed that the game encouraged players to “commit sexual violence and kill women.” Shortly afterwards, Kmart Australia announces that they're pulling GTA5 as well.
4 Dec 2014
- Techraptor covers the story of Devi Ever, a game developer that used the money of her kickstarter to donate to a non-profit instead of paying back her backers their refunds for her failed project.
- Nichegamer interviews developer Christian Allen, who worked on AAA games including Halo: Reach, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and Ghost Recon. Allen criticizes the current state of game journalism and states that "I have personally sat in negotiations where a publisher negotiated a higher review score for a game in exchange for an exclusive cover or assets for a separate upcoming game. It is common, especially with previews. This is why you often see glowing previews of bad games, or pre-release reviews that have to be revised post-launch." 
- Kotaku publishes an op-ed defending Target's decision to remove GTA5. The article attacked Grand Theft Auto‘s for portraying women as "‘prostitutes’ or wailing, nagging buffoons" and stated that "the petition was the work of women with serious, sincere concerns."  Ben Kuchera of Polygon  and Kyle Orland of Ars Technica  express similar sentiments, claiming that refusing to sell GTA5 was not censorship.
- Totalbiscuit tweets "When you see games media sites celebrating the censorship of a videogame, you know they've forgotten what it means to be proconsumer."  PennyArcade also criticizes the decision, publishing a strip comparing the removal of GTA5 to bookburning 
5 Dec 2014
- NicheGamer publishes an article in which Xbro responds to a facebook post by Sela Davis a software engineer at Xbox Live.
- William Usher publishes an article about CBC's executive producer's acknowledging the media slant against Gamergate.
- APGNation publishes an article of an interview conducted with Dr. Christina Hoff Sommers about Gaming and GamerGate.
7 Dec 2014
- Destructoid writes an article, talking about AbleGamers refusing to receive money from Mercedes Carrera's charity porn stream due to it's links to #Gamergate. AbleGamers claims they were DDoSed shortly afterwards. Although AbleGamers didn't name a culprit, Destructoid draws the conclusion that #GamerGate DDOSed AbleGamers.
- TheRalphRetort releases an article in which an individual pinged the IP address for AbleGamers' webserver during the supposed DDOS attack and received a ping response time of 139ms which indicates that there was no DDOS on AbleGamers. TheRalphRetort hypothesizes that AbleGamers received a spike in normal traffic which was mistaken for a DDOS.
- Techraptor interviews Mercedes Carrera and Mark Barlett, founder of AbleGamers. Mark confirms that AbleGamers was not the target of a DDoS attack that their network issues were caused by normal increased traffic.
11 Dec 2014
- NicheGamer interviews Adrian Chmielarz, the Co-owner/Creative Director of The Astronauts (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter), and the former Co-owner/Creative Director at People Can Fly (Painkiller, Bulletstorm).
- Breitbart releases an article about GamerGate's Anti-Bullying Campaign and how it cost Gawker over a million dollars.
13 Dec 2014
15 Dec 2014
- Breitbart journalist, Milo Yiannopuolos, Announces he is putting on hold his current book:'The Sociopaths of Silicon Valley' to write one about #GamerGate to which he refers as the biggest internet storm in a decade.
- Hatred, An indie game which prominently features extremely violent behavior, is pulled from Steam Greenlight, reportedly for being 'too offensive' to be supported by the service.
17 Dec 2014
- After heavy backlash and criticism from consumers, Hatred is reinstated on Steam Greenlight, along with a personal comment from Gabe Newell about the removal
- More Gamejournopro emails are leaked, revealing that a circle of journalists lead by Patrick Klepek from Giant Bomb conspired to blacklist developer Kevin Dent from receiving any interviews or media attention.
- Jimmy Wales defends the deletion of the GamerGate.Wikia.com's "Wikipedia" article.
18 Dec 2014
- An anonymous Redditor publishes a private e-mail from Jimbo that reveals Jimbo's strong feelings on GamerGate. Jimbo called people who investigate corruption in journalism and publish their findings online "vicious assholes" and questioned the decentralized, leaderless approach of GamerGate.
19 Dec 2014
- William Usher continues the story about the blacklisting/boycott of Kevin Dent which was done by GameJournosPro. This Boycott/Blacklisting may have breached AntiTrust laws, something that can be reported to the FTC.
- CrimeandFederalism.com releases an article in which it shows with evidence how Margaret Pless and Zoe Quinn doxed the lawyer Mike Cernovich, filled false police reports against him and put his live in danger by trying to get him swatted for showing support to the ideals of #GamerGate.
29 Dec 2014
- William Usher releases an article critical of the Dec. 28th state of Wikipedia's article on the Gamergate controversy. He also sends a selection of GameJournoPros e-mails to Jimmy Wales.
30 Dec 2014
- GameJournoPros member Patrick Klepek leaves Giantbomb for Kotaku 
2 Jan 2015
Spiked names "the GamerGate rebels" as one of its top people of 2014 for engaging in "a real, moral war for their right to play what they want."
3 Jan 2015
- French-language outlet Le Monde runs a blog by journalist Hubert Guillaud calling GamerGate an antifeminist movement and calling for the rejection of a geek culture that is "against women, the unfortunate, minorities, equality and democracy."
5 Jan 2015
- Rawstory runs an article accusing "GamerGate supporters" of attempting to SWAT Devi Ever.
- Gawker also runs an article claiming that "8channers" attempted to SWAT Devi Ever.
- Slate publishes an article penned by Jenn Frank calling GamerGate a reactionary movement opposed to greater inclusivity in the gaming industry.
- Based on Nothing mentions GamerGate in its 2014 gaming retrospective as "a bevy of gaming sexists and misogynists."
- William Usher releases an article addressing the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Ombudsman's response to complaints over its October 2014 coverage of GamerGate.
- Forbes contributor Dave Thier posts an article declaring GamerGate gone and forgotten while characterizing it as "a movement born out of disproven claims originating from a jilted ex-boyfriend’s blog post."
6 Jan 2015
- At the Consumer Electronics Show, Intel announces a Diversity in Technology initiative. Among its listed partners are the International Game Developers Association and Feminist Frequency, two noted anti-GamerGate organizations.
- VentureBeat posts an article on the Intel initiative, claiming that Intel's apparent support of GamerGate had been one of the company's biggest recent gaffes.
- The Verge posts an article on the Intel initiative, stating that "Intel opposes GamerGate." 
- Polygon posts an article on the Intel initiative referring to GamerGate as a harassment campaign.
- As a response to Intel's inclusion of Feminist Frequency, GamerGate supporters began posting under the hashtag #IntelSupports. Posts include images of Anita Sarkeesian and Jonathan McIntosh's most offensive and anti-capitalist tweets, visualizing the implicit support that Intel gives these positions by associating with Feminist Frequency.
7 Jan 2015
- A massive and sustained DDOS attack targets 8chan, obstructing access to the entire 2ch imageboard network for over 8 hours.
- Rock Paper Shotgun runs an article about Intel's initiative, characterizing Operation Disrespectful Nod as "a letter-writing campaign objecting to pro-diversity editorials."
- Vocativ runs an article on adult entertainer Princess Kora and GamerGate, calling the former a profiteer and the latter a controversy full of "terror threats by chauvinistic trolls."
8 Jan 2015
- Engadget UK runs an article on Intel's initiative claiming that the initiative is a response to GamerGate and painting GamerGate as a harassment movement targeting women.
- William Usher posts an article detailing IGN's newly-updated Standards and Practices page.
- Badass Digest runs an article on Intel's initiative, calling GamerGate "Internet assholes" and painting Intel as making "serious commitments to burying said assholes."
- ITNews runs an article on an Electronic Frontier Foundation blog about digital harassment. ITNews characterizes GamerGate as "the bullying a woman in game development," says that GamerGate has made "credible death threats," and endorses the GGAutoblocker list.
9 Jan 2015
- Livechan suffers either overload or DDoS attack.
- In an article covering the #JeSuisCharlie hashtag, CNN Money refers to GamerGate as "online drama about video game journalism that morphed into sexist attacks on women".
11 Jan 2015
- The Guardian runs a "brief history" of GamerGate, explaining the scandal as "an army of internet dwellers" seizing an "opportunity to police a woman’s sexual behaviour."
12 Jan 2015
- Gamergate supporter lizzyf620 posts an article  on Buzzfeed detailing her view of gamergate as a gamergate supporter. The article is deleted within 24 hours. Engadget editor/GameJournoPros member Ben Gilbert defended Buzzfeed, claiming that the article was "inflammatory and inaccurate" in a twitter argument with CEO of Stardock Brad Wardell. Wardell reposts the article to his personal blog. The article is restored to Buzzfeed shortly afterwards.
13 Jan 2015
- Rawstory runs an article accusing GamerGate supporters of attempting to SWAT web developer Israel Galvez, calling him a "prominent opponent of GamerGate."
- Gracy Lynn swatter revealed to have connections to GNAA and LizardSquad..
- The Washington Post runs an article primarily on 8chan, but takes the time to call GamerGate a "terrible thing" and accusing supporters of "a number of campaigns against female journalists and videogame makers."
- Badass Digest runs an article on 8chan and GamerGate, calling GamerGate supporters and 8chan users "a domestic terrorist group."
14 Jan 2015
- PC Gamer runs an article denouncing the use of the term "glorious PC gaming master race" and claims that it "isn’t a joke worth keeping around at the expense of making people uncomfortable." 
- ABC news runs an interview with Anita Sarkeesian. Shortly after the video is posted, ABC News starts deleting the top pro-gamergate comments from youtube 
- Neirdan publishes "the GamerGate Council exposed" on his Triscales blog in an effort to discredit both the /gamergate/ board on 8chan as well as Gamergate.me and the upcoming StartButton website. When asked for evidence of co-option on twitter, he cited the removal of Operation UV from the Main Page for 2 weeks in December, after the FTC had already begun looking into Gawker while Operation Disrespectful Nod and Operation Baby Seal covered and went beyond the "second half" of OpUV. See also: Solution6
15 Jan 2015
- William Usher runs an article on Tyler Wilde, author of the PC Gamer master race article, revealing that Wilde maintained close personal relationships with employees of Ubisoft and Capcom, but wrote about their products without disclosing his potential conflict of interest to readers.
- PC Gamer deletes Tyler Wilde's articles covering Ubisoft games.
- NeoGAF bans the term "PC Gamer Master Race" and claims that the phrase hasn't been welcome on NeoGAF for a while 
16 Jan 2015
- PC Gamer apologizes for the perceived ethical breaches of Tyler Wilde for Ubisoft Games, they moved forward by removing him from future Ubisoft coverage and stating "In any situation in which the writer was still required to comment on the subject, full disclosure will be provided in the article." No comments on making an Ethics Policy public outside of the Review Guide were made, however they did mention they would disclose affiliate links in the future, and would fix any missed ones that people find.
18 Jan 2015
- William Usher publishes an article describing how N4G refused to run a story about conflicts of interest at PC gamer and claimed that it was not gaming related.
19 Jan 2015
- The Guardian publishes an article on the Crash Override Network, accusing GamerGate of attempting to SWAT Israel Galvez and crediting the CON with ensuring Galvez's safety.
- The Guardian also publishes an article on the topic of cultural Marxism, comparing GamerGate with Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik.
20 Jan 2015
- Wired publishes an article on the Crash Override Network, claiming that GamerGate made Zoe Quinn "a target for angry videogame fans opposed to the diversification of gaming culture," and that "Quinn still experiences daily harassment."
21 Jan 2015
- MCV runs an article as a right-leaning hate movement that fell under its "need to keep concocting conspiracies that were increasingly far-fetched."
- The Guardian runs an interview with Rami Ismail where it claims that "The Gamergate controversy, which kicked off last August, is a sort of leaderless online protest against suspected cronyism and corruption in games journalism, but its 'enemies' are often progressive industry figures who are suspected of wanting to censor and re-shape the medium." 
- Greg Tito and an unspecified number of employees are laid off from the Escapist Magazine. Tito cites budget cuts from Defy media as the cause of the layoffs.
- The BBC runs an article on the Crash Override Network calling Zoe Quinn a "GamerGate abuse target."
- The Telegraph runs an article on the Crash Override Network claiming, among other things, that "the #Gamergate hashtag was used by video games fans around the world to troll Quinn and other female games critics in the industry."
- The Mirror runs an article on GamerGate calling it an "amorphous mass of angry people insisting it is all about ethics while harassing and doxxing prominent women in the games industry."
- William Usher posts an interview with an anonymous AAA game developer, in which the developer calls GamerGate "one of the best things to happen to the industry since Dark Souls got a PC port."
- Prominent female GamerGate supporter Lizzy F (@lizzyf620) is doxxed by an anonymous poster on the 8chan board /baphomet/ and permanently shuts down all of her pro-GG social media accounts as a result. /baphomet/ immediately rejects the poster for attempting to use them as a "personal army", with the poster suspected of being a third-party troll due to the IP having only made 4 posts on the board, all within the thread. The thread is promptly deleted and the user who posted the dox is banned. Several groups, including @TheFartRises and /baphomet/ itself, work to find who is responsible for posting the dox.
- Authoritarians make a petition to remove Adam Baldwin from the Supernova Pop Culture Expo falsely claiming he has been involved in numerous instances of harassment and abuse towards women by supporting #Gamergate.
22 Jan 2015
- In response to the petition made a day before to remove Adam Baldwin from the Supernova Pop Culture Expo. A petition is made to support his assistance.
23 Jan 2015
- Ben Kuchera admits to taking work from another source without providing a citation.
- The Guardian publishes an article about Wikipedia, claiming it banned five editors from gender-related articles as result of the gamergate controversy.
- David Auerbach called out The Guardian's innacurate reporting.
24 Jan 2015
- TheMarySue publishes an innacurate article about Wikipedia banning five feminist editors due to the Gamergate Arbcom.
25 Jan 2015
- ShortFatOtaku gets all clear to show the videos about IndieCade and IFG again.
- Hacker's botnet was found to be responsible for doxxing and hacking both those for and against GamerGate. 
28 Jan 2015
- While at a panel at MAGFest, James Portnow libels Totalbiscuit by claiming he's a leader of gamergate who took $20,000 to endorse Guns of Icarus. Portnow continued by claiming that gamergate is the "last dying screams of people who are leaving power" and compared gamergate to the KKK. Totalbiscuit refutes Portnow's accusations and comments "I am extremely disappointed in James poorly researched argument. I expect better of him and the Extra Creditz team. It's another knife in the back from a person that we assisted and promoted in the past and at this point thats ceasing to become a surprise every time it happens." 
29 Jan 2015
- Wikipedia Arbcom topic bans 11 editors from GamerGate, GamerGate-related, and gender/feminism-related wikipedia entries, including Ryulong, Tarc, NorthBySouthBaranof, The Devil’s Advocate, Tutelary, ArmyLine, DungeonSiegeAddict510, and Xander756, Titanium Dragon, Loganmac and Willhesucceed.
30 Jan 2015
- The board of the Puerto Rico IGDA unanimously votes to close the chapter.
- The Guardian runs an article titled "When will gamers understand that criticism isn't censorship?" The focus of the article is on Anita Sarkeesian, but GamerGate is tangentially mentioned.
- Mother Jones runs an article on Men's Rights Advocates, mentioning GamerGate as "mobs who bombard feminist critics with rape and death threats." 
- The Telegraph runs an article on Zoe Quinn claiming that GamerGate was used by fans of video games to pile "horrific" abuse on feminist games critics.
- Gaming media site Joystiq ceases operations.
31 Jan 2015
- Breitbart.com releases an article written by Sabrina Lianne in which she addresses the bigotry Graham Linehan displayed towards "pro-Gamergate" individuals, especially pro-Gamergate women.
1 Feb 2015
- #Pizzagate hashtag is created.
2 Feb 2015
- Matthew Hopkins News (TheWitchFinderGeneral.com) reviews Depression Quest, giving the game only 27% and provoking Zoe Quinn into changing her Twitter screen name to 'found witch'. Matthew Hopkins is the pen name of Sam Smith, an activist and law student who has been praised in the UK Parliament for representing vulnerable women. Smith, via his Twitter account indicates he is pursuing further stories about Anita Sarkeesian and Sam F Biddle of Gawker.
4 Feb 2015
- TechRaptor publishes the first two portions of an interview they conducted with Allistair Pinsof, who was the subject of GameJournoPros blacklisting after he was fired from Destructoid. In his interview, Pinsof states that he decided to come out into the open after being blocked by IGF Chairman Brandon Boyer on twitter. Pinsof then described how Boyer used his personal connections in order to help a friend win the 2011 Fantastic Arcade Best of Show Award for Faraway. Pinsof also talked about how developer Shawn McGrath and artist Jason Degroot were not properly credited or compensated for work on Fez and how McGrath was libeled in Indie Game: The Movie.
- GiantBomb forum moderators censors links to Allistair Pinsof's Techraptor interviews and locks the thread from being discussed.
- r/KotakuInAction users report that moderators on the r/Games and r/gaming subreddits are banning all discussion of Allistair Pinsof's TechRaptor interview.
5 Feb 2015
- Slate.com releases an article by David Auerbach about how Wikipedia's flawed system led to The Guardian's article spreading false information about feminist editors being banned from Wikipedia to be accepted as truth due to their rule of taking "reliable sources"'s words as definite truth
- TechRaptor releases the third and final portion of their interview with Allistair Pinsof in which he talks about his thoughts on GamerGate and the circumstances in which he was fired from Destructoid. 
- Anti-GG Game Developer Alec Holowka tweets "I remember getting pulled aside by Shawn McGrath randomly at some GDC to be told that Phil ripped Fez off him."  Less than ten minutes after posting his tweet, Holowka backpedaled, deleted his tweet, claimed that "it was just a funny/weird moment for me personally,"  and accused GamerGate of harassing him 
6 Feb 2015
- The Anti-Defamation League tries to push Feminist Frequency anti-gaming course material into Common Core. 
- William Usher writes an article about Kotaku's piece attempting to debunk Alistair Pinsof accussations against brandon Boyer and IGF.
- Reddit user and Mod of /r/KotakuInAction, /u/Meowsticgoesnya, allegedly attempts suicide. KotakuInAction and GamerGhazi wish her well. 
- Matthew Hopkins News publishes an article on the Gawker Mein Kampf scandal calling for #GamerGate activists to write to legislators. 
7 Feb 2015
- University of Southampton is reveled to hold a seminar against GamerGate. The seminar is by Mark Bernstein, who was previously community topic banned on Wikipedia.
- Evidence emerges that numerous Steam astroturf accounts were involved in getting Revolution 60 greenlit. 
- Article at Daily Dot, about Tarah Wheeler Van Vlack's upcoming book on women in the tech industry. #GamerGate mentioned, and portrayed in a very negative light. 
- The Verge Updates Affiliate Link Disclosure Following #GamerGate FTC Campaign.
- TechRaptor releases an article talking about Shawn McGrath role in the Making of Fez and the Pinsof's claims about how Phil Fish “stole significantly from their [Mcgrath and Fish’s] code, projects and ideas to create Fez”.
8 Feb 2015
- More corruption of Reddit exposed.
9 Feb 2015
- It is strongly suspected in a KotakuInAction thread that Wired and Ars Technica, both Condé Nast properties, have not been disclosing affiliate links; as well as collecting personal information from their users.
- ShortFatOtaku released their first new Indie-Fensible video since December, that, while not covering any new leaks, goes over several points over the last few months Dev wanted to talk more about including Internet Aristocrat's departure, Angry Joe, and an Erik Kain article. He also explained the importance of rebuilding the system with new ethical standard in addition to destroying the old one. Link to Video
- Adland.tv released an article detailing the Gawker response to the backlash from their (Gawker's) Coca-Cola Mein Kampf stunt. You can find Adland's article here and an archive of Gawker's post here.
- KotakuInAction user Lunar Archivist posts an update on the CBC from the CRTC Thread Archive
- Feminist Frequency and her criticisms of the series and its community on MetalEater. Posts Part 1 of her 5 piece series on
- Matthew Hopkins News publishes an article analysing stigmatising language used by Anita Sarkeesian and Sam F Biddle. 
10 Feb 2015
- Eurogamer drops review scores and discusses the reasoning behind changes to their review policy.
- Feminist Frequency. Posts Part 2 of her 5 piece series on
11 Feb 2015
- Law and Order: SVU releases episode "Intimidation Game" in which a female game developer is attacked by gamer antagonists operating from "reddchanit." The episode is panned by gamergate and anti-gamergaters alike. 
- Brianna Wu writes an article on bustle.com talking about a Law and Order episode "the Intimidation Game" that paints GamerGate in a negative light, talking about websites like Twitter as "built by men for men" and calling Kotaku in Action a "lunatic fringe group," and calling for the owner of 8chan to be arrested. (better description needed)
- William Usher writes a complete analysis of the Wikipedia entry about #Gamergate in which he examines each section while showing and explaining the of factual inaccuracies and disinformation in each one of them.
- Feminist Frequency. Posts Part 3 of her 5 piece series on
- Matthew Hopkins News publishes an article backing Liana Kerzner and promoting her Patreon. 
12 Feb 2015
- Supernova addresses Adam Baldwin's attendance at their event, which became the target of two petitions created back in January(21-22), one against it, one for it. Supernova allows Adam Baldwin to assist.
- SupaNoThankYou hastag is started to harass Supanova for allowing Adam Baldwin to appear. 
- Kotaku, Polygon, Ars Technica, and The Verge publish articles about the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episode Intimidation Game, criticizing the ridiculous portrayal of the gaming community, yet still claiming it is grounded in reality because of the GamerGate hashtag.
- Forbes's Erik Kain, Hotair.com, and DailyCaller.com publish neutral articles and criticize the content and message of the episode. Erik Kain lambastes the influence this episode could have on women who are interested in working in the gaming industry.
- Former Blizzard Developer Mark Bern comments on the anti-gamer SVU episode, denouncing the gaming media.
- ShortFatOtaku released their fourth Indie-Fensible video, reviewing the Law and Order: SVU episode "Intimidation Game", as well as describing in detail the social forces that make blaming gamers for imagined offenses an extremely easy endeavor.Link to Video
- Liana K releases part 4 of her "Why Feminist Frequency almost made me quit writing about video games" column. 
13 Feb 2015
- Peter Molyneux's is revealed to have failed to contact Bryan Henderson for over a year after Henderson won the "Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube" contest. Henderson was promised a cut of the revenue from Godus and the ability to play as an ingame digital god. 
- Moviebob leaves The Escapist Magazine. 
- Milo Yiannopoulos is interviewed on CJBK London about the Gamergate Controversy
- Breitbart London publish a damaging expose about Brianna Wu, revealing she is in fact neither 'Brianna' nor 'Wu'. 
- Edmund McMillenn and Danielle McMillenn discuss the video games industry and #GamerGate in a Twitch stream, in it they say the corruption and agenda pushing in gaming journalism and the indie scene are far worse than what #Gamergate imagines.
- Liana K releases the fifth and final portion of her "Why Feminist Frequency almost made me quit writing about video games" columns. 
14 Feb 2014
- Pandodaily reports that lawyers involved in the intern class action lawsuit against Gawker will use social media, especially places where GamerGate discussion takes place, to spread awareness of the case and try and reach former interns with the help of the people involved in #GamerGate.
- Armedgamer.com reviews Revolution 60, with mainly negative comments, even calling the game 'offensive' and an 'insipid, stumbling, humorless mess of a game that should never have left the brainstorming stage' (posted to KiA)
15 Feb 2015
- Matthew Hopkins News publishes an article revealing developers of minor indie game That Which Sleeps have broken Kickstarter promises. 
16 Feb 2015
- Pornstar Merces Carrera uploads Youtube video, hitting front page of KotakuInaction as she explains her friend being victimized and criticising fake victimhood of SJWs. 
- William Usher releases an article about ABC admiting not being interested in the whole #Gamergate story because some details "would be hard to spin"
17 Feb 2015
- Dailycaller writes an article about #Gamergate, questioning the harassment narrative and how people use it as a excuse to harass those participating in the consumer revolt under the pretense: "they deserve it".
- VG247's writer, Patrick Garratt, releases an article attacking Mark Kern's petition for gaming journalism sites to stop their jellow journalism, claiming that Kern is blaming the messengers and saying any supporter of this petition is foolish. 
18 Feb 2015
- Operation FairPlay starts. 
- Spiked-Online releases an article about Adam Baldwin being allowed to attend SupaNova, in which they say that GamerGate "has become the rallying point for one of the most effective fightbacks against cultural authoritarianism in recent memory."
19 Feb 2015
- Techraptor releases an article about a lawyer using social media to gather plaintiffs for a Gawker Intern lawsuit.
20 Feb 2015
- /r/KotakuInAction user TheAndredal posted the thread 'Working on an ethics policy for Gamespot, want advice', a Mod-verified claim that GameSpot was going to be working on a new Ethics Policy, and that TheAndredal could have input. Within 12 hours, after some good points were brought up, an update to the thread was posted that stated: "Ben Howard saw this and has now stopped talking to me all together. Saying i somehow lied. Which is wrong. It doesn't look like they're going to listen to us after all. He removed himself from the conversation that we had and i've not recieved any update from them on this. If you really want to help me, send them emails." Ben Howard subsequently made a post clarifying his position, stating "He is not working on an ethics policy for us, that is something we continue to work on internally. I did mention that we have and will declare when preview travel and accomodation is paid for - as in the case of Danny O'Dwyer's trip for WWE last. Most preview trips are budgeted and paid for by us ourselves. This thread has become a (mostly) useful feedback thread however, so i can assure you we do read and listen to these threads."
21 Feb 2015
- Brianna Wu uses out-of-context tweets to try to pin someone threatening to gas PAX East on #GamerGate. When viewed in full context in the timeline, it's obvious they were threatening to kill those who use the #GamerGate hashtag that are pro-reform.
- Techraptor posts 'The Life of AfterLife Empire – An Interview with Danielle Maiorino', an interview with TFYC winner Danielle Maiorino about her game AfterLife Empire as well as her experiences during her brief time in the games industry.
- APGNation posts an editorial titled 'For Better or Worse: Entitlement in Gaming' showcasing good and bad sides to the so-called "gamer entitlement", such as the backlash on NeoGaf for Tekken 7 character Lucky Chloe, the Mass Effect 3 ending backlash, and the backlash to the lack of playable female characters in Assassin's Creed: Unity
- The FatDuckTech journalist Alex Kidman attacked Storify detailing a rant Kidman had about Adam Baldwin (Archive). Despite Kidman calling Baldwin "a coward and a hatemonger" among other things, Kidman claimed that Satoshi had "defamed him". over a
22 Feb 2015
- The 200-page long GamerGate thread in the Shoryuken forums was suddenly closed by the administrator MrWizard, better known as Joey Cuellar, a founding member of the Evo Championship Series.
- GameZone posts an article titled 'The Hypocrisy of "Faux Feminists" and Flawed GamerGate Media Coverage Exposed'
23 Feb 2015
- Metro interviews Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's President and CEO Jim Ryan, wherein Ryan says "I think the GamerGate thing is absolutely horrible." Also in the interview, he states that minority quotas are the wrong way to solve the diversity issue " I don't think you can or should discriminate one way or the other. Quotas in boardrooms, quotas in sporting teams, I personally don't believe that these are the right way to achieve a world where discrimination is not prevalent."  News sites MVC,International Business Times, and Engadget reported on the interview.
- Techraptor founder Rutledge Daugette responded to the claims made in John Kelly's blogpost detailing a potential bias about the game SeedScape because of the pro-reform leaning team. In the forum post/topic, Rutledge breaks down the numerous points claimed by John Kelly and responded to them, while leaving the thread open for discussion.
24 Feb 2015
- Moviepilot article 'The War for the Soul of Geek Culture' by Alisha Grauso with part one of a three part series titled 'The Shocking Inadequacy of GamerGate Coverage'. In this piece, Scrupmonkey "lay[s] out an alternative vision, and also explain why sensationalist claims made in the media about gamers are false." , via the Word of the Nerd website, responded to the
- Kat Crawley, now former writer for the InfoSec Institute, is fired from her writing position after writing 'Child Porn, SSNs, and Gamergate: The Vile Tale of 8chan'. She posted the response from her editor on /r/GamerGhazi, with said editor stating "At best, it was a bad fit for us. At worst - which I am now in my third day of being called on the carpet for - it has tarred our name and damaged the brand" and "This isn't the first time I've been taken to task for content appearing under your byline but it is the last." Since posting the email from her editor, it has been deleted. She also reached out to numerous big names considered anti-reform, including AMIB and Randi Harper. 
- BuzzFeed's Joseph Bernstein interviewed Jan Ronkowski about the Jace Connors Character, after Ronkowski felt that GamerGate supporters, who were looking into the possibility it was a hoax the week prior, got too close for comfort. It was also revealed that the restraining order against "Jace" by Brianna Wu was never filed, as the authorities could not locate the man given that he did not exist. Despite the fact that it was never approved, she implied that it was active in both interviews and on social media.  
25 Feb 2015
- William Usher posts an article on his One Angry Gamer blog detailing Brianna Wu claiming that IGN, Game Informer, and Giant Bomb are part of the problem, with Wu stating “If I were asking the media to do anything it would be: don’t let big game companies and media like IGN, Giant Bomb and Game Informer off the hook. They are the primary reason this problem exists.”
- In response to VG247's refusal to allow an op-ed by Mark Kern, the hashtag #LetMarkSpeak is started and is made to trend in the United States. TechRaptor, Niche Gamer and TotalBiscuit all offer coverage on their platforms instead.
- In light of CBC's new hitpiece on #GamerGate, /r/KotakuInAction moves to contact the Canadian Radio-Television Commission
26 Feb 2015
- It is found out that Code Liberation receive moneys on each of the GamerGateIsHate T-shirts and get promoted by Leigh Alexander for making them. In response, the GamerGateIsLove T-shirt campaign is started.
- Sargon interviews and after their hiring at Defy Media/The Escapist
- Due to the recent Escapist news, ShortFatOtaku takes a look at The Escapist, bringing up some issues worth noting.
- Mercedes Carrera is interviewed by Patrick Bissett at The Daily Caller, discussing #GamerGate and her recent charity
- The People of #GamerGate talks to TechRaptor's in
- Brad Wardell discusses female characters in Stardock's latest game, Fallen Enchantress, and how they meet Anita Sarkeesian's list of "eight things developers can do to make games less shitty for women"
- Polygon's Brian Crecente interviewed former Ubisoft developer Jade Raymond, when asked about sexism in the games industry, she commented: "It's weird," she says. "I guess I'd never experienced any issues — working in the game industry is great. I think all of the people in the game industry are great that you get to work with." She also noted her first experience with the uglier side of the gaming community, which happened during the promotional period for the first Assassin's Creed game. 
27 Feb 2015
- TechRaptor's Travis Williams interviews Adrian Chmielarz, Co-owner of The Astronauts, about their latest game The Vanishing of Ethan Carter as well as #GamerGate related topics.
- Mark Kern blocks the first account on twitter related to #GamerGate, @a_man_in_black or "Jay Allen", after AMIB continued to hound him on twitter.
- Leigh Alexander comments on the developers that have recently commented on #GamerGate, such as Mark Kern and Ken Levine: "most of the devs who have been pompously 'neutral' or in favor of GG are over a certain age and work in outmoded design forms"
- a Medium blog discussing the Top Ten Feminist Frequency critiques, including Liana K's and Caine's posts
28 Feb 2015
- Ship 2 Block 20's Stephanie Greene publishes 'The Hidden Face of Hypocrisy: Randi Harper', which discusses the various abuses Randi Harper visits upon others on social media.
- Adland.tv posts an article titled 'Gawker (et al.) Are Not Your Friends' and discusses Gawker and their article pushing on Facebook, the Coca-Cola incident, and Jan Rankowski's media trolling.
- Kimberly Crawley confirms she was fired and had all of her articles pulled from InfoSec as a result of her factually incorrect article on 8chan and #GamerGate.
1 March 2015
- William Usher writes about Mark Kern's call for developers to stand against corrupt media. That same day, he publishes another article about a social activist threatening #Gamergate attendees with violence at PAX East.
- YouTube User FollowTheCaptain releases a video titled "Anti #GamerGate's Simplistic View of the Gaming World - and Gaming Journalists aren't Helping"
- 8chan's /v/ board finds out Polygon's Ben Kuchera backed Die Gute Fabrik's 'Sportsfriends', reported on it in 2014, and failed to disclose it.
2 March 2015
- Techraptor interviews indie developer Slade Villena (aka Roguestar) about his incoming game:"FleetComm" and #Gamergate.
- William Usher updates his article: "#GamerGate: Ben Kuchera and the Life and Nepotism of Game Journo Pros" to include Kuchera's latest uncovered conflict of interest
- Mark Kern asks gamers to tweet "I am for a free and unbiased gaming press because... ." Over 3,800 tweets were recorded
- A thread about Mark Kern's call against corrupt media is deleted on the Final Fantasy XIV forums.
- Polygon hires , Founder of The Mary Sue, as their first "Entertainment Editor"
3 March 2015
- Techraptor's posts an article titled 'Boston Globe Joins Chorus, Reports Dubious Bomb Threat'
- Mark Kern asks gamers to show their love for games with the tag #RebuildInitiative, an older tag #GamerGate has used to help show appreciation to devs and to show them alternatives to the games media
- GameZone publishes an article about Dead or Alive and "big boobs" and sparks a lively discussion in /r/Games. Reddit moderators proceed to shadowban gamers and delete comments.
- YouTube user Saddex uploads 'Video Game Journalism Evolved - Gaming Journalism in a Nutshell - Part 1'
4 March 2015
- 'Google’s Fact-Based Ranking Could Help #GamerGate’s Fight Against Gawker' posts a new article on his One Angry Gamer blog titled
- 'Divide the Games Industry' of TechRaptor writes
- Crash Override Network partners with Randi Harper's "Online Abuse Prevention Initiative" along with Sheri Rubin of the IGDA Board of Directors
- Double Fine's Tim Schafer uses a sockpuppet to crack jokes and mock the gamers in #GamerGate and #NotYourShield. This causes "Tim Schafer" to trend on Twitter both in the United States and eventually worldwide.
5 March 2015
- Leigh Alexander leaves Gamasutra to become Editor-In-Chief at Boing Boing's Offworld, a website that "will focus on gaming interviews and criticism written primarily by women and minorities," with Laura Hudson as Senior Editor.
- The official Google Cloud Platform Twitter account tweeted "The future of gaming is in all of our hands. #GamerGate" and then deleted it shortly thereafter. Later, the same account clarifies Google's position, claiming it was a mistake and that they do not support #GamerGate.
- The Forest, creates a TwitLonger talking about #GamerGate and some of those against the revolt that has risen in status over the last few months. , former developer on
-  , best known for creating Earthworm Jim, states: "I don’t join any movement but I agree with GGers on these: 1. They’re anti peer pressure 2. They’re against corrupt journalism"
- The Big Smoke's Jacob Lynagh writes the article 'GamerGate: We Will No Longer Be Guided by Fear'
- In the response to Tim Shafer's comments at the Game Developers Choice Awards, AlphaOmegaSin, Attack on Gaming, Sargon of Akkad, RazorFist, and the Virtuous Video Game Journalist, among others, all release content.
- Adrian Chmielarz creates a TweetLonger criticizing the strong reaction to Tim Schafer's joke as well as the GDC Awards themselves
- A new entry of Indie-Fensible video series called IGDA, Bad IGDA! is released. This talks about corruption, pratices and origins of IGDA.
6 March 2015
- A video explaining origin of GamerGate is released called Trigger Warning: #GamerGate Origins.
- William Usher releases two articles, one about Anti-#Gamergates simplistic views and another about IGDA, UBM and GDC, their cabal and industry gatekeeping.
- 8chan's /v/ board claims Brandon Boyer was involved in five more conflicts of interest. a /r/KotakuInAction thread as well as several threads on 8chan's /gamergate/ board were also created for discussion.
- Brandon Orselli, founder and owner of Niche Gamer talks about his experience at GDC in 2015 in a YouTube video
- After posting a video that claims TotalBiscuit charges developers for reviews, Totalbiscuit posts a comment refuting those claims. Subsequently, the creator of the video apologizes and the video has since been taken down. TotalBiscuit asks that public leave it at the apology, and will not be pursuing further action.
- GamerGate Happenings Recap for the month of February. uploads her
7 March 2015
- Mark Kern brings back the , a non-profit organization that was originally created to fight the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) / Protect IP Act (PIPA) in 2012. Mark Kern's goal is to turn it into an "alternative to the IDGA", and "will now support fair and ethical press and freedom of expression in games". writes about this at One Angry Gamer in an article titled 'League for Gamers Resurrected As Consumer Watchdog in Wake of #GamerGate'
- Thread 1 Archive Thread 2 Archive produced an image commemorating the thread holds the second Ask Anything interview on 8chan's /v/.
- TechRaptor's writes an article about the Kern Petition titled 'Kern Petition: Sign at Your Own Risk' in which he states it does not go far enough
- Ship 2 Block 20's publishes part 2 of her article series 'The Hidden Face of Hypocrisy: Randi Harper'
- 'Female Portrayals in Video Games' talks about the potrayal of women in gaming in a blog post titled
8 March 2015
- The Boston Globe publishes an article covering Brianna Wu's appearance at PAX East. Though mostly critical of GamerGate, they show interest in covering both sides of the issue, including comments from a pro-GamerGate attendee and a neutral attendee.
- /r/KotakuInAction is subreddit of the day and is introduced by /u/XavierMendel, a former Reddit /r/Games moderator and whistleblower.
- Reddit's ModTalk logs are leaked, showcasing 454 mentions of GamerGate and several instances of corrupt mods.
- After Arthur Gies comments on the new female designs for the upcoming Blizzard game Overwatch, Michael Hartman debates him on whether or not a single character counts as a step back for women in gaming. This prompts TotalBiscuit to create a TwitLonger about the phrase "media affects people".
- /r/KotakuInAction reaches 30,000 subscribers.
9 March 2015
- Former /r/Games moderator XavierMendel leaks modchat logs revealing that the moderators of numerous large subreddits have censored anything related to Kotakuinaction and #gamergate.  The logs included discussion on setting up automated filters flagging terms such as "IGF", "Sarkeesian", and "8chan" and moderators openly disparaging the idea of letting voters decide what content should rise to the top.
- EuroGamer updated its Ethics Policy (Archive), detailing some of the changes in a blog post (Archive). For comparison, you can find the old one here. William Usher subsequently reported on this in his article 'Eurogamer Updates Ethics Policy'
- 'Reddit Mods Admit to Censoring #GamerGate, Hiding Corruption.' posts an article talking about the Reddit ModTalk leaks, titled
- The Offworld website is officially relaunched, with articles by Leigh Alexander, Laura Hudson, and Xeni Jardin
- In the wake of Eurogamer's change to its policy, and because VG247 is partnered with Eurogamer's Gamer Network, asks for his right of reply to VG247's editorial.
- XavierMendel loses his mod position to /r/SubredditOfTheDay after he featured /r/KotakuInAction as Subreddit of the Day, as well as leaking logs from Reddit's ModTalk relating to /r/KotakuInAction and GamerGate. /r/KotakuInAction Mod TheHat2 futher references on Twitter a stream XavierMendel was in wherein Xavier mentions that several Subreddit of the Day mods threatened to resign if he was not removed within 24 hours.
- GamesNosh's writes an article titled 'Is Academia Irrelevant to Gaming?'
- Christina Hoff Sommers posts another gaming-related video in the Factual Feminist series called 'The War on Gamers Continues' in which she criticizes the ADL-approved Common Core video game lesson plan.
10 March 2015
- Adam Rosenberg, a member of the GameJournoPros, leaves Digital Trends.
- Ship 2 Block 20's publishes part 3 of her article series 'The Hidden Face of Hypocrisy: Randi Harper'
- Reddit admins start removing all references and shadowbanning /r/kotakuinaction users linking to the pastebin of Xaviermendel's modmail leak. 
- Hotwheels rehosts the reddit modmail leak on 8chan and calls reddit out for having a double standard for cracking down on whistleblowers. 
11 March 2015
- this TwitLonger. He documented this abuse on his twitter account through screencaps. He later went on to post an article on his blog titled '#Gamergate – The Pros and Cons of Government Involvement' , an indie Tabletop game designer, receives waves of abuse for criticizing a news article about #GamerGate in
- Bro Team Pill releases the fifth video in their Ask a Dev series
- William Usher posts an article on One Angry Gamer titled '#GamerGate: Reddit Mod on Nuked Thread: "All Comments Were in Violation of the Rules"'
- Video Culture Replay critiques Sarkeesian's 'What I couldn't say' speech in the video 'What I Couldn't Say as a #GamerGate Supporter'
12 March 2015
- Streamer Steven Bonnell II, also known as Destiny, exposes the double standards of Reddit's moderation efforts by demonstrating that pictures of his penis were incorporated into the CSS of /r/ShitRedditSays (SRS), with little to no backlash from the website's administrators and no outrage.
- 'Otaku and Gamergate: The Essence of Liberalism and Democracy As the Legacy of Gaming People and Methods of Resisting Unmerited Criticism' (Contents in a .zip file). This was translated into English by , a Japanese writer for Roninworks, writes
- An article about the censorship of Senran Kagura 2 in the West appears on Niche Gamer. This marks an apparent amicable, but still unannounced, resolution to an impasse between One PR, a public-relations firm serving XSEED, and Niche Gamer that started because of GamerGate
- Digital Confederacy's Liana Kerzner about #GamerGate interviews
- Two new articles by William Usher: 'IGDA Lifetime Member Addresses IGDA Corruption Allegations' and 'Afterlife Empire Screenshots Showcase Vivian James Getting Scared.'
13 March 2015
- In an interview with TechCrunch, Rep. Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) claims the FBI does not prioritize "online threats against women," which is why she sent a letter to the Appropriations Committee "asking the Department of Justice to intensify their investigations and prosecutions".
- Brad Wardell laughs at the infamous SRS-like subreddit /r/GamerGhazi in his post 'So Much Crazy in Such Concentration'.
- Rolling Stone publishes an article about the departure of Christopher Poole, also known as m00t, from 4chan and misrepresents GamerGate.
- In her debut at The Escapist, writes 'Making the "Right" Choice in Paperboy and Beyond'
- YouTuber  extends an invitation to all the parties involved in #GamerGate, so they can discuss the issues on his channel. This is notable because Protomario has over 256,000 subscribers.
- Kotaku's Nathan Grayson writes about his experience at the Game Developers Conference 2015, and finally starts disclosing his relationships. In the article, Nathan eschews the term gamer (using Player instead).
14 March 2015
- In a blog post, Chris Mancil, the Director of Digital Communications at EA, complains that he lost 2,500 followers on Twitter for retweeting Milo Yiannopoulos and uses one of Ben Kuchera's articles to demonstrate his point. Kuchera then berates Mancil on Twitter and tags his employer, Electronic Arts, to further pressure him. As a result, Mancil complies with the demand and removes Kuchera’s articles.This prompts Adrian Chmielarz, Mark Kern, Josh Olin, Ethan Petty, Thomas Geffroyd, and TotalBiscuit to criticize Ben Kuchera’s actions. In light of Ben Kuchera's actions, William Usher writes '#LetDevsSpeak Takes Off After Game Journalists Ridicule Devs'
- Based on Rolling Stone's story about m00t stepping down as 4chan administrator as a result of major controversial events on his website, The Verge's Dante D’Orazio decides to pin the blame mostly on #GamerGate while sidestepping a host of other factors, including, but not limited to, The Fappening, attention from the Ebola-chan shrine pranks, and the murderer who uploaded pictures of the woman he strangled to /b/.
- The Libritarian Republic's writes about Rep. Katherine Clark's letter to the Appropriations Committee in the article 'Congresswoman Takes on Gamergate, Misses Point'
- William Usher posts an article titled '#GamerGate: IGF Chairman, Nathan Grayson Financial Conflict of Interest Uncovered' to One Angry Gamer
15 March 2015
- Kevin Dent, a former target of the journalists in the GameJournoPros list, decries Ben Kuchera's actions and claims to have written a Vox investor "a huge ’told you so’ e-mail."
- In a TwitLonger, talks about Chris Mancil and the GGAutoBlocker
- '#GamerGate: IGF Chairman Brandon Boyer's Undisclosed Conflicts of Interest' writes an article on One Angry Gamer about Brandon Boyer titled
16 March 2015
-  This leads to a revised front page (which removed the word troll) (Before and After) and the resignation of a blocker. , also known as the Witchfinder, writes about the legality of The Block Bot under United Kingdom law and serves its creator, James Billingham, with a letter of claim.
- After dropping review scores, TwoDashStash updates its review policy.
- 'Moot vs. Gamergate'. discusses what she feels is GamerGate's greatest achievement, Moot leaving 4chan, in
- BasedGamer, an upcoming game review aggregator created by Jennie Bharaj, releases its first piece of content on its YouTube channel: 'Video Game Censorship and Freedom of Speech – an Interview with Jon Festinger, Q.C'
- The Virtuous Video Game Journalist of StopGamerGate.com posts 'Ben Kuchera: Double Agent?'
17 March 2015
- The Block Bot Checker, a secondary database maintained by Sarah Noble, goes offline after the legality of James Billingham's The Block Bot comes into question.
- 'Women and Video Games' posts an article on Medium titled
- '#Gamergate – Regarding Block Bots and Defamation' on his personal blog , a game designer, writes
- The Honey Badger Brigade tackles #GamerGate in 'BadgerPod GamerGate #8: 12 Angry Boobs, featuring Oliver Campbell'
-  In light of this, Harper says "sealioning is against Twitter rules" has her Twitter account suspended and later reactivated after being forced to delete five specific tweets mentioning Randi Harper, who then claimed responsibility for this "success".
- Niche Gamer's Brandon Orselli interviews Brad Wardell, President and CEO of Stardock Corporation.
18 March 2015
-  Sulzbach says it was an impersonator, and later makes a video about the incident. , also known as MrRepzion, claims to have been visited by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) because of an alleged "conference threat" he supposedly sent to Anita Sarkeesian.
- William Usher posts a new article on One Angry Gamer titled 'Steam EULA Updated to Include Endorsement Disclosure Policy'
- Ship 2 Block 20's Dennis Mrozek publishes 'The Short-Term Memory the Gaming Media Are Showing'
- Writer Al Ewing includes a modified version of the 'Actually, It’s About Ethics in Gaming Journalism' meme in Issue 12 of Marvel's Loki: Agent of Asgard.
19 March 2015
- 'Kingdom Come Dev Aligns as Pro-#GamerGate Following Media Slander' posts a new article titled
- Rebuild Initiative reacts positively to a letter sent by as part of the
- 'Objective Video Game Reviews' posts a new video titled
- 'On Heresy, Fallacy and Neutrality' writes a blog post about neutrality titled
- BasedGamer titled 'Are Video Games Truly Free?' uploads a video for
- Because DC Comics caved to demands to change the variant cover of Issue 41 of Batgirl and the 'Actually, It’s About Ethics in Gaming Journalism' meme appearing in Issue 12 of Marvel's Loki: Agent of Asgard, 8chan's /gamergate/ board starts Operation Ethics in Hammer-Wielding, a donation drive for the Hero Initiative, which offers "a financial safety net for comic creators."
- Reaxxion creates an article about negative effects of UBM on gaming titled 'How United Business Media (UBM) Is Bankrolling The SJW Infiltration Of Gaming'
20 March 2015
- The Atheism+ Blockbot, or The Block Bot, posts a blog entry claiming the program is "sunsetting". While many of the public faces are disappearing, if you look at the block tags, several of the auto-add admins are still contributing to the block list. BlockBot admin claims that not only will the Blockbot continue operating, they will have an increase in "preemptive blocking". Breitbart's writes an article about The Block Bot's legal troubles titled 'BBC-Featured "Block Bot" Runs Into Legal Trouble'
- 'Metacritic, Bribery and Costing Bungie $2.5 Million' writes a new article titled
- Anthony Burch writes an article on multiple violent games, including Saints Row, based on his "dumb, ex-game-dev opinion" for Destructoid, but failed to disclose that Saints Row IV includes the Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin' Pack, downloadable content based on the Internet comedy show he created with his sister, Ashly Burch.
- During an Ask Us Anything on Reddit with Jameel Jaffer, Lila Tretikov, and Jimmy Wales, user thelordofcheese asks a question about Wikimedia's "favoritism and collusion," to which Jimmy Wales replies: "The subreddit about gamergate is somewhere else, my friend." This reply is gilded twice and receives 274 downvotes.
- Ars Technica releases an interview with the 8chan Administrator, Fredrick Brennan, also known as Hotwheels.
21 March 2015
- The Block Bot is back and "technical ownership" is transferred to CollectQT, a "queer trans collective" founded by Lynn Cyrin, a provider of "programming and diversity services."
- about Kickstarter, Metacritic, and creative freedom. interviews Obsidian's
- TechRaptor's writes 'Video Games Do Not Need the Approval of Old Media'
- '#Gamergate Block Bots Updates – In the Style of Annoying Websites' writes
- 8chan Administrator Hotwheels clarifies three points from the Ars Technica interview (which took place on January 27, 2015) and releases 8chan's first Transparency Report.
22 March 2015
- an unreleased interview about #GamerGate by Ian Miles Cheong of Gameranx , Designer of Brunelleschi: Age of Architects, posts
- Upon reading an article by Allum Bokhari and finding Matthew Hopkins' piece,  learns he was included in The Block Bot (originally an Atheism Plus blocking tool) and tweets about getting blocked, censorship, and libel, even mentioning his ignorance of #GamerGate.
- 'Boob Is Life Game Jam Wants to Celebrate Boobs in Gaming' and 'GravTech Games Tells Gamers 'Developers Are Listening' releases two new articles,
- TechRaptor's writes 'We CAN Fix Videogames'
- Pando Daily reports that the proposal to use social media and places where #GamerGate discussion takes place to openly spread awareness of the intern class action lawsuit against Gawker has been rejected by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
23 March 2015
- Bladee, Board Owner of 8chan's /gamergate/ board, transfers ownership to kerbastrar. 8chan users call for a replacement board, with most /v/ users settling on /gamergatehq/, whose Board Owner is .
- 'Halo: Reach Dev Talks Developer Bonuses, Legislation and Creative Censorship' posts an interview with titled
- 'The Block Bot Fact Checked' writes
- Randi Harper releases a new blocklist that blocks all Twitter accounts that follow Mark Kern
- 'Vermaak's #Gamergate 101' writes
- Justicar comments on a recent debate hosted by Sargon of Akkad in a video titled 'Artificial Constraints (and Ramble on Bad Cops) #GamerGate'
- After offering a free premium membership to users who give good reviews on Steam, WTFast gets reported and has to take back the offer.
- Patricia Hernandez gains the title "Senior Writer" at Kotaku.
- Traffic stats directly from Gawker are looked at and a decline is noticed over the last few months. Jason Schreier tries to explain the recent decrease of Kotaku's site traffic.
24 March 2015
- During an interview with Seema Iyer on MSNBC's The Docket, Rep. Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) states: "We are not asking, again, for the FBI to come in and do something that isn't already on the books. What we're really trying to protect is the free expression of women and young women online, because they are having their First Amendment rights chilled when they receive these threats and there are no consequences for those who are making them."
- The Washington Free Beacon reports that the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) will spend $29,403 to understand "the language and costs of hate and harassment in online games." The study, Notoriously Toxic, will be conducted by the Georgia State University Research Foundation, Inc.
- Geeks With Wives titled 'Experiencing GamerGate From All Sides' writes an article on
- 'Curating Quality #GamerGate Content Became Harder Lately... Due to the Amount of Goods Coming Down My Way' writes a TwitLonger about the abundance of good #GamerGate-related content titled
- 'Kobalt Law Boss Deliver Almighty Smackdown to the Block Bot Creator James Billingham – Praises Dawkins and GamerGate as People of Worth' writes
- 'OK Games, New Australian Gaming Website Opens in Light of #GamerGate' and 'Reddit Mod Asks Other Mods to Stand Against Reddit's Corruption, Censorship.' writes two new articles:
25 March 2015
-  interviews Occupy Wall Street activist Justine Tunney about #GamerGate and other topics.
- 'Badgerpod Gamergate 9: Bot Blocked' discusses #GamerGate related issues in
- Ship 2 Block 20's releases two new articles, 'The Internet: A Realistic Way to Look at Humanity Online' and 'IGDA Demographic Survey or Buzzfeed Personality Test?'
- 'Speaking on GaymerX, Randi Harper and the Blockbot' posts a video titled
- Jarosław Zieliński, Chief Executive Officer of Destructive Creations and animator of Hatred, holds the third Ask Anything on 8chan's /v/.
26 March 2015
- 'Divinity: Original Sin Dev Talks Boob-Plates, Sexism and Moral Outrage' posts an interview with a Game developer titled
- TechRaptor's writes 'Why Is the Federal Government Funding Studies on "Notoriously Toxic" Gamers'
- TechRaptor's writes 'Stop Complaining About Gamer Entitlement'
- '#StopGamerGate.com, Why We Fight.' of StopGamerGate.com posts
27 March 2015
- Someone takes over the  questions the accounts use, and states that it is not him using it. twitter account and starts tweeting things against the #GamerGate and #NotYourShield hashtags.
- After wishing everyone a "Happy #NationalCleavageDay" using two tweets, one of a females clevage and a male's ass, with artwork of Fable II, Lionhead Studios is pressured into deleting the tweets, as well as their Facebook post, and apologizes. It is worth noting that Gameranx employee Holly Green and Ian Miles Cheong were critical of the tweet, with Holly Green having been the first person to reply to the tweet.
- After Lionhead Studios' apology, gamers involved in #GamerGate and developers like Adrian Chmielarz, Mark Kern, Ethan James Petty, Matt Roszak, Jennifer Dawe, and Brad Wardell show their support for freedom of expression in gaming while making #NationalCleavageDay trend in the United States and the United Kingdom. GameZone's posts an article about the events titled 'Lionhead Tweets in Celebration of National Cleavage Day, Internet Freaks Out'
- 'Dev Interview Denied Publication Because It Wasn’t Anti-#GamerGate' and 'Aesop Games Interview: Being Denied Media Coverage for Sociopolitical Stances' writes two new articles:
- 'How the IGDA Is Ripping Off Game Developers' calls the International Game Developers Association a "massive fraud" in
28 March 2015
- Blocklist Checker, a tool that lets you check whether your Twitter handle is on either Randi Harper's Good Game Auto Blocker or The Block Bot. William Usher posts an article about this titled 'League For Gamers Lets Everyone Check If They’re on the #GamerGate Autoblocker' releases the
- Dwavenhobble discovers a lack of disclosure by The Yogscast's Steam Curator that allegedly violates the Steam Curator disclosure rules.
- Occupy Wall Street activist  holds an Ask Me Anything on KotakuInAction
- TechRaptor's posts an article titled 'Trends, Greed & the Gaming Industry'
- YellowBox Advertising, releases parts four and five of A Five Part Medium Series on GamerGate: 'Building a Better Games Journalism: for Consumers, Writers / Content Producers, & Maybe Not for Advertisers & Marketers' and '"The Smoking Gun?" : Ethics, Conflicts of Interest, Censorship, and More' , Copywriter for
29 March 2015
- The Firedorn Lightbringer limerick in Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity is deemed transmisogynistic on Twitter and Gameranx Editor-in-Chief Ian Miles Cheong asks Pillars of Eternity's Project Director Joshua Eric Sawyer to look into it. Sawyer then states: "I’ll talk to our producers about it. It’s hard to catch everything." The reaction to the limerick prompts TotalBiscuit to upload a SoundCloud titled 'Pillars of Transphobia' where he argues that Pillars of Eternity's backer content should not be removed.
- New article by GamesNosh's Playing 18+ Games Is Parental Neglect, Say Teachers'
-  holds an Ask Me Anything on KotakuInAction
30 March 2015
- Polygon's Ben Kuchera takes a break from gaming after being burnt out in the post 'I'm taking a break. It's not you, gaming, it's me'
- Amid speculation over the Ben Kuchera article, Emily Gera announces she was dismissed from Polygon and is now looking for freelance work.
- 'At GDC 2015, IGDA Made No Effort to Resolve the #GamerGate Controversy' releases a new video titled
- TechRaptor with his first article 'What It Means to Be a Gamer' , former /r/Games mod and Modtalk leaker, joins
31 March 2015
- A few days after challenging the gamers involved in #GamerGate to a fight, Richard Stanton, a columnist for Eurogamer, Polygon, and Rock, Paper, Shotgun, claims "GG emailed and tweeted constantly at outlets I work for" and one of them "took this manufactured outrage seriously, and (my choice) you won’t be seeing any more of my writing there"
- Bill Zoeker leaves Destructoid
- Elysian Shadows Lead Artist Patryk Kowalik writes 'How Recent Outrages Made Me Question My Writing'
- 'Women and Video Games Part 2' releases
- In a blog post that mentions GamerGate, American philosopher Brian Leiter writes about the definition of social justice warrior
- After being posted on GamerGhazi, Yandere Simulator panty shot mechanics is taken down "as a violation of YouTube's policy on nudity or sexual content" video about the
-  holds an Ask Me Anything on KotakuInAction
- 'The Lionhead Barmaid Cleavage Debate (Tatas Tuesday)' uploads
- 'Badgerpod Gamergate 10: Smoothie Operator' uploads
|2014:||Before GamerGate • August • September • October • November • December|
|2015:||January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
|2016:||January • February • March|
1 April 2015
-  reports that the Federal Trade Commission is now enforcing their disclosure rules in the case of Sony Computer Entertainment and their PlayStation Vita advertising campaign.
- The #GamerGate Megathread on The Escapist is locked and discussion is moved to a new Game Industry Discussion subforum.
- LewdGamer responds to complaints about their writing staff in 'A Question of Etiquette'
- After Feminist Frequency’s Anita Sarkeesian posts a video about "Positive Female Characters in Video Games" with Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP as an example, , developer of titles such as Doom, Quake, and Alice, strongly disagrees with her position in a Facebook post
- 'Anita Sarkeesian’s New Video May Have Ulterior Motives' writes
- David Guyll references GamerGate in 'God of Social Justice War'
2 April 2015
- 'How Anita Sarkeesian (Indirectly) Gave Me New Hope for Video Games: Part 2' wherein she discusses her experiences with GamerGate releases
- discusses female representation in Nintendo games of StopGamerGate.com
- 'Perfect Hindsight - Episode 2 - #GamerGate Origins' releases
- 'Answers for GamerGhazi.' releases
3 April 2015
- '#GamerGate Succeeds with Ethics Reform, Fails as a Harassment Campaign.' writes
- NicheGamer republishes Elysian Shadows Lead Artist blog post,'How Recent Outrages Made Me Question My Writing', as a guest editorial.
- After 8chan's /gamergatehq/ Board Owner Acid Man posts a sticky thread about the effectiveness of Operation Disrespectful Nod, YellowBoxAdvertising Copywriter , who is "not a part of GamerGate," states "Don't expect any official validation from the people you e-mailed, mostly because people saw what happened to Adobe, Intel, Google (with the image), Dyson, and of course the Coca-Cola Mein Kampf incident."
- The Firedorn Lightbringer limerick in Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity is changed in the game’s latest patch after the recent outrage at the backer’s request. The updated limerick makes fun of the outrage, and can be viewed here.
- Cartoonist and YouTuber creates a "less problematic" version of Vivian James as a response to Feminist Frequency's choice of a positive female character in videogames: Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP's The Scythian. 
4 April 2015
- Elysian Shadows' Lead Artist writes 'Offence That Sparks Debate'
- Firedorn explains the rationale behind the Firedorn Lightbringer limerick in the blog post 'Screw You, Firedorn Lightbringer!'
- The Firedorn Controversy's resolution leads to articles from both TechRaptor and William Usher
- TechRaptor's discusses the recent self-censorship controversies caused by Outrage Culture and how they are harming games in the article 'Games are Art… By Committee'
- A voting campaign for the Hugo Awards known as the Sad Puppies success this year is blamed on GamerGate. You can read about the Sad Puppies campaign in article titled 'Hugo Awards Nominations Swept by Anti-SJW, Anti-Authoritarian Authors'
5 April 2015
- 'Why Are People Opposing #GamerGate Evil? (9 SJWs Who Are Horrible People)' releases a blog post titled
- TechRaptor's writes 'Self Appointed Gatekeepers Are Not Advancing the Medium'
- 'Shooting Straight: Hugos, #Gamergate & #SadPuppies, O My!' releases a video about parallels between GamerGate and the Sad Puppies campaign titled
6 April 2015
- '#GamerGate and Progressive Game Development' posts another Indie Dev interview titled
- 'Current Thoughts, Future Plans.' discusses reaction to criticism, competition, and the gaming media's future and relevance in
- TechRaptor's writes 'Regarding CON and Anti-Semitism' after Zoe Quinn accused TechRaptor of being Anti-Semitic for using a picture of 30 pieces of silver, which was taken for Jew gold.
-  Hours later, after significant backlash, Entertainment Weekly first changes the piece’s title and then corrects the story. writes a very slanted article about The Hugo Award nominations promoted by Sad Puppies and Rabid Puppies, connecting the voting drive with #GamerGate.
7 April 2015
- A lack of disclosure is found in an article by Kotaku's Nathan Grayson and Editor-in-Chief quickly dismisses the claim.
- In a study, Johannes Breuer, Rachel Kowert, Ruth Festl, and Thorsten Quandt find that "Controlling for age and education, [...] sexist attitudes - measured with a brief scale assessing beliefs about gender roles in society - were not related to the amount of daily video game use or preference for specific genres for both female and male players." TechRaptor, Niche Gamer, and Spiked Online all release articles on the subject.
- The Fine Young Capitalists reveals that the Steam Greenlight page for Autobótika's Afterlife Empire is up.
- NeoGAF reopens the gaming journalism thread and disallows GamerGate discussion. Kotaku's states that "it's nice to have someplace to read/discuss actual ethical issues in game journalism."
- Less than seven months after launching their website, Goodgamers.us announce they have closed their doors. 
- discusses the apparent lack of bigotry in GamerGate and how to smear someone regardless of StopGamerGate.com
8 April 2015
- When The Escapist forum goers perceive a change in moderation efforts, with increased bias against the gamers involved in #GamerGate, after moving from the #GamerGate megathread to the Game Industry Discussion forum, a thread on 8chan's /gamergatehq/ board asks anons "to sign up for The Escapist and go breathe life into the Game Industry forum talking about all sorts of industry-related topics [...]." Hours later, Defy Media's Senior Vice President states: "Yes, I’m alerted to it. Eye of Sauron is staring in that direction," followed by Editorial Director of Gaming , who addresses user concerns by saying they were "[...] actively monitoring this and looking into perceived issues and how best to address them." Later, a moderator is demoted on The Escapist forums.
- New articles by 'Kotaku Writer Paid $800 to Dev He Was Sleeping With, Without Disclosure' and 'GoodGamers.us Shuts Down' :
- The Telegraph removes the mention of GamerGate from their article about the Hugo Award nominations after receiving feedback
- Running With Scissors' Postal is not allowed on the Google Play Store due to "gratuitous violence," even though games like Carmageddon and the Grand Theft Auto franchise are accepted
- 'How Anita Sarkeesian (indirectly) Gave Me New Hope For Video Games: Part 3' releases
- The National Review's writes about GamerGate and the Sad Puppies campaign in 'Social-Justice Warriors Aren't So Tough When Even "Sad Puppies" Can Beat Them'
-  uploads the eighth episode of ABC Australia's Good Game on female representation in gaming, where evolutionary biologist states "If men have a hard time accepting that women are outperforming them in something, they'll ensure that the women don't have the opportunity to compete in that venue, and that's what you essentially see happening in GamerGate, for example. By not allowing women to compete you won't end up losing to them."
9 April 2015
- Polygon's Deputy News Editor, grabs the http://legodimensions.com domain name one day before LEGO Dimensions is announced, makes it redirect to Polygon, claims he registered it based on "rumors on the internet!" and, after being harshly criticized over his actions, says he was "sorry for trying to do a funny thing" and "happy to get rid of it!" GameNosh's and GameZone's both write articles on the subject. ,
- All GamerGate-related discussion hubs launch Operation Earthquake and start tweeting #AreYouBlocked to raise awareness of The Block Bot and GGAutoBlocker
- TechRaptor's writes 'Sexist Games = Sexist Gamers?'
- 'Long-Term Study Finds No Link Between Videogames and Sexism' writes
- 'A Broken Robot – The Witchfinder Reveals the Block Bot’s Apparent Ban Evasion… and How to Contact Twitter' writes
10 April 2015
- 'Polygon Editor Buys Lego Dimensions Website to Link It Back to Polygon' writes
- '"It's Actually About Ethics In…": A Look Into #GamerGate and #NotYourShield' releases
- 'The Truth About #Gamergate with Syrian Girl' interviews in
- Forbes writer 'New Study Finds No Link Between Gaming and Sexist Attitudes' publishes
- GameSpot releases an episode of The Point in which discusses the role of the press during the topic of game censorship, stating that "there is something to be said for games press taking logical leaps in service of their own opinion, and ultimately I think that benefits nobody."
- During a Kotaku Asks session, NeoGAF owner Tyler Malka gives his opinion about GamerGate: "Basement-dwelling virgin subculture needed some way to empower itself, and I guess that way was sending terrorist threats to women for talking about video games. It would be good for a laugh if not for the lives it’s ruined."
- On Mixlr, Giant Bomb's Jeff Gertsmann talks to a caller, dismisses gaming-press-related issues as a conspiracy, and states: "no, you don't fucking understand, that it was never... that that stuff was never about ethics and the people that tried rile it up and make it about ethics were only trying to make things harder for the people that they perceived to be saying things that were damaging to them and their way of life."
- In an interview with Polygon's Charlie Hall about the Firedorn Lightbringer limerick in Pillars of Eternity, Feargus Urquhart, Chief Executive Officer of Obsidian Entertainment, states "I know there’s a lot of conversations about censorship and about lots of stuff. Believe me, I’ve read all of it. If people think we’re sort of ignoring it, that’s just not the case. I think in the end it was just important to us, and myself in particular, that the backer was involved. And that’s what we did. We talked with them through email. It was a great person, who understood the predicament, and he made the decision to have that [text] changed."
- After the success of the AreYouBlocked hashtag, Allum Bokhari, Elizabeth N. Brown, and Robert Stacy McCain all write articles
11 April 2015
-  confirms that his registration for an E3 media badge has been approved
- 'Games Journalism and Ben Kuchera’s Lack Of Ethics' publishes a guest article on One Angry Gamer titled
- In a self-reflective post about Operation Earthquake, 8chan's /gamergatehq/ board analyzes what went right and what went wrong and tries to find ways to improve future operations.
- 'Glenn Greenwald, Rape Hoaxes, and Gutless Journalism' explains why he thinks ethics in journalism are important in
- 'Why the Media REALLY Blames Video Games' writes
12 April 2015
- 'Study Contradicts Media, Culture Critics’ Propaganda About Sexism in Gaming' writes
- In an interview with Badass Digest's Devin Faraci, Joss Whedon talks about GamerGate: "...And with Twitter it’s boiling down to its most simple state. People who have a more nuanced view are just going “Black. White. Left. Right.” because that’s all people have the room to type. And other people read that and it creates this cycle of oversimplification, where, okay MAYBE somebody believes GamerGate actually has ANYTHING to do with ethics in gaming journalism - maybe they somehow believe that - but there’s not even really time to really express that."
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun contributors, in articles from multiple outlets, including IGN, Giant Bomb, and PC Gamer finds that Cara Ellison failed to disclose her professional relationship with indie developer Porpentine, both
13 April 2015
- 'Games Journalist Complains About #GamerGate While More Corruption Surfaces' writes
- 'BadgerPod GamerGate 11: Sad Pound Puppies' uploads
- Niche Gamer's posts 'In Defense of Game-Based Trash Talking'
- 'Meet the Feminist Who Is Sticking Up for Men' writes about and mentions GamerGate in an article on The Telegraph:
- 'GaymerX, a Gay Gamer Support Group, Throws Conservatives Under the Bus' and publish
- 'Study Shows Video Games Don't Cause Sexism, But My Feelings Say Otherwise.' of StopGamerGate.com releases
14 April 2015
- GameInformer employee discovered that VG247 had stolen a large portion of his recent article on The Witcher 3, in which he spent several weeks compiling information and getting quotes. VG247 has since updated the article, removing an image and adding a link back to GameInformer's article.
- YouTube user undercoverdudes uploaded a video which showed evidence that GameSpot, through its GameSpot Gameplay YouTube channel, had stolen his gameplay footage of Combat Arms. Within a few hours of undercoverdude's video being shared, GameSpot made their copy of his video private. states in a comment on youtube that it was sent to GameSpot by the Devs/PR, and that the video team decided to pull it "as it seems like it was just random gameplay."
- 'Report: A Whopping 97% of Gamers Totally Ignore Reviews' writes
- 'Who Is Harassing Anita Sarkeesian?' releases a new video titled
- 'ADL and the Propaganda of Sexism in Video Games.' writes a guest article on One Angry Gamer titled
15 April 2015
- ShortFatOtaku releases a new video in the 'Indie-Fensible' series titled 'Oh Boy, Boyer! - Indie-Fensible (#GamerGate)', in which they focus on further corruption of Independent Games Festival, IndieFund, Brandon Boyer, and several other people involved.
- Shout Out UK titled 'Online Thugs or Victims: What Exactly Is Gamergate?' posts an article on
- Indie developer Zoe Quinn speaks at the Congressional Briefing on Cyberstalking, alongside Michelle Garcia, John Wilkinson, and Danielle Keats Citron. During the Congressional Briefing on Cyberstalking, the National Center for Victims of Crime starts a new hashtag, #StopWebH8, which is immediately hijacked by the gamers involved in #GamerGate and others to raise awareness of the hate spread by the detractors of #GamerGate
- Polygon's writes an even-handed article on GamerGate when reporting that indie developer Zoe Quinn spoke at the Congressional Briefing on Cyberstalking. Alex Lifschitz, her boyfriend, then questions the language used in the article, to which Crecente replies: "[w]e’re actually discussing updating our boilerplate for GG right now." Later, Feminist Frequency’s Anita Sarkeesian condemns Polygon for not calling "GamerGate what it is, a misogynist hate group targeting women." This prompts Breitbart's Milo Yiannopoulos to challenge Sarkeesian to a debate at E3. A hashtag, #PolygonOnHateGroups, is also created to pressure Polygon into berating GamerGate;
- '#StopWebH8 and How to Write Your Congressman' writes
16 April 2015
- Eron Gjoni's appeal for his gag order is entered into the court system. Donations from Twitter users cover the $300 docket fee.
- 'The Victory of #GamerGate' releases a video titled
- Kotaku's Patricia Hernandez writes about TotalBiscuit's falling-out with , a Titan Souls artist, stating: "At Kotaku, we actually assume that even reporting can’t be objective and expect our writers to simply be clear when they’re veering into the realm of opinion." Later, TotalBiscuit releases the complete set of the Kotaku interview questions and answers.
- TechRaptor's uploads 'Opinion: PR, Titan Souls, and a Changing Industry'
- 'Game On! Adam Baldwin Talks #GamerGate, Media Malpractice, and a Charitable Challenge' (Page 2) (Archive: Page 1 Page 2) is interviewed by in an article on BuzzPo titled
- Feminist Frequency’s Anita Sarkeesian into Time's list of "The 100 Most Influential People" as a "pioneer". ReviewTechUSA releases a video on the subject. inducts
- 8chan's /gamergatehq/ board decides to spread articles, infographics, and videos about Feminist Frequency’s Anita Sarkeesian in the #Time100 hashtag to raise awareness of her controversial and sometimes inflammatory statements and how she handles criticism of her feminist critique of gaming.
17 April 2015
- The Honey Badger Brigade has their booth at Calgary Expo shut down, seemingly after complaints about Vivian James art and an anticensorship GamerGate banner, with the official reason being the violation of the expo's policies; [8chan Bread on /gamergatehq/https://archive.today/s03lShttps://archive.today/s03lS] [KotakuInAction] [AT] [YouTube]
- In the comment section of Patrick Klepek's article about the Honey Badger Brigade booth incident at Calgary Expo, Kotaku's Jason Schreier says:
- GameSpot: Spot On: GameSpot on Gerstmann (Archive)
- Youtube: GameSpot and Giant Bomb Announcement
- Eurogamer: Lost Humanity 18: A Table of Doritos
- Twitter: Eurogamer: 4:37 AM - 25 Oct 2012 (1)
- Twitter: Eurogamer: 4:37 AM - 25 Oct 2012 (2)
- Twitter: Rab Florence: 4:48 AM - 25 Oct 2012
- LevelSave: Halo 4, Mtn Dew, Doritos; An Interview with Geoff Keighley
- N4G blog - EXPOSED: Kotaku's manipulation
- "Mighty Number Nope" The Internet Aristocrat
- Reddit - The story of The Fine Young Capitalists and the media blackout against them
- Infographic depicting TFYC's doxxing
- Zoe Quinn twitter - 4:33 PM 28 Feb 2014
- Tomb Raider's Xbox exclusivity likely means more sales, higher profits
- NeoGAF reaction
- Cheshire Cat Studios, Video Podcast Video Game Violence & Misogyny: A Brief History of Media Scares
- Cheshire Cat Studios Yellow Gaming Journalism & Professional Victimhood: #MESSIAH June 2014
- The Zoe Post
- Admission Quest: Valve Greenlights 50 More Games
- The RPS End Of GDC Spectacularmathon, Pt 1
- The Indie Game Reality TV Show That Went To Hell
- Internet Aristocrat: Quinnspiracy Theory: The Five Guys Saga (removed) (mirror)
- @TotalBiscuit What the hell just happened?
- GamesNosh: Depression Quest Dev (Zoe Quinn) Scandal; Exploiting Games Press for Coverage (pe)
- GamesNosh Twitter
- Talking to Wayback Machive
- r/gaming 25k deleted comments. [AT]
- Escapist Thread
- Zoe Quinn and the Unfortunate State of the Gaming Industry
- JonTron Tweet 1
- JonTron Tweet 2
- JonTron Tweet 3
- JonTron Tweet 4
- JonTron Tweet 5
- JonTron Tweet 6
- JonTron Tweet 7
- Niche Gamer "The Schism of Gaming – Zoe Quinn, Nepotism, and White Knight Journalism"
- Zoe Quinn and the Fine Young Capitalists
- The Birth of Vivian [AT]
- The Fine Young Capitalists Funded With 4chan’s Aid
- TotalBiscuit, JonTron and BroTeam comment on Zoe Quinn controversy
- Adam Sessler tweets about watching hacks from a bar with Zoe Quinn (1), (2), (3)
- 4chan thread discussing Polytron hack allegations
- Know Your Meme Page on Vivian James
- InternetAristocrat: "Quinnspiracy Theory: In-N-Out Edition" (removed) (Mirror)
- Reddit Shadowbanning
- Polygon Quinn Artcile
- Later /r/KotakuInAction thread
- 4chan Thread Archive
- Indiegogo Campaign Hacked This Weekend, But Wasn’t Part Of A Widespread Attack
- Eron blog post
- Eron's reddit account
- Gjoni AMA on IRC
- Polygon Statements
- Hernandez/Anthropy controversy
- Reddit thread
- Soundself Review
- Arnott Kotaku 1
- Arnott Kotaku 2
- Arnott Kotaku 3
- Arnott Kotaku 4
- Arnott Kotaku 5
- Image summary of Arnott/Grayson Relationship
- 4chan thread on Nathan Grayson's coverage of Robin Arnott
- Gone Home 10/10 review
- 4chan thread on Riendeau's coverage of Gone Home
- @devincf More respect for ISIS than the anti-Quinn people
- Patricia Hernandez Covered Her Friend’s Games, And Didn’t Disclose It.
- Joss Whedon: 'I never got the hang of video games'
- First use of #GamerGate hashtag in relation to the scandal.
- Wikipedia page on Watergate scandal
- @MissAngerist 26th Aug 2014 from TwitLonger "On the current situation"
- Sarkeesian Death threats twitter Timeline: (TS): (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6). (AT): (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6).
- 'Gamers' don't have to be your audience. 'Gamers' are over
- Why does the term 'gamer' feel important?
- We Might Be Witnessing The 'Death of An Identity'
- The Monday Papers
- The death of the “gamers” and the women who “killed” them
- This Guy's Embarassing Relationship Drama Is Killing the Gamer Identity
- Gaming Is Leaving “Gamers” Behind
- It's Dangerous to Go Alone: Why Are Gamers So Angry?
- The End of Gatekeeping: The Extinction Burst of Gaming Culture
- Google groups email list discussing ending the Gamer Identity [ https://archive.today/LkXsS (AT)]
- CH Sommers "Gamers are Not Political" (TS)(AT)
- @macdatmurphy "the same people who mocked them in grade school" (TS)(AT)
- Gamers suspect orchestration behind attack articles (1), (2), (3), (4), (5)
- Gamers suggest similarities to JournoList (1), (2), (3)
- #Gamergate: The silly sounding, but sincere call for Fair Representation of ‘Gamers’ within the media.
- Techraptor's webhost deletes their IP address (TS)
- Reddit: Sporkicide comments on '/r/Techraptor has been incorrectly banned'.
- Techraptor told to "Get on the right side of history"(TS)(AT)
- InternetAristocrat "Quinnspiracy Theory: White Castles and Ivory Towers" (removed) (mirror)
- LeoPirate video : "On #GamerGate and corruption"
- Boogie2988 posts on 4chan's /v/ (Image)
- Archive of Boogie2988's 4chan post
- Niche Gamer "So, Why Shouldn’t Gaming Be Fun?"
- Chris Ray: "RANT: #GamerGate - Zoe Quinn, Journalism, and Anita Sarkeesian"
- Chris Ray: "RANT: #GamerGate - Zoe Quinn, Journalism, and Anita Sarkeesian"
- Milo Yiannopoulos: "Feminist Bullies Tearing the Video Game Industry Apart"
- Image montage of Operation Disrespectful Nod emails
- The Guardian : How to attack a woman who works in video gaming
- The Guardian's Jenn Frank's conflict of interest with Zoe Quinn and Maya Kramer
- Jenn Frank CoI with Z.Quinn and M.Kramer
- Silverstring Media: Team and Advisors
- Indie fensible! The Maya 'Legobutts' Kramer Story! v2 (Mirror)
- The Playful is Political: A fishbowl conversation on Identity and diversity in game culture DiGRA 2014
- A to Z: A DiGRA Letter Series -- Part 1
- A to Z: A DiGRA Letter Series -- Part 4
- Daniel Vavra tweets (Sep 2nd) (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6). TS: (1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6) Blogpost on tweets
- GamesNosh: "A Woman’s Perspective on #GamerGate"
- TotalBiscuit Sings!
- The Guardian : How to attack a woman who works in video gaming (Update)(Image)
- Gamers take a stand against misogyny after death threats
- BBC news bias on #Gamergate
- @Ninouh90 I love games, and I'm black, so to all you who claim to be fighting for equality I'm #notyourshield for your agenda. (TS)
- MundaneMatt: "We're Gamers NOT Nazis #GamerGate"
- Boogie2988: "I am NOT A bigot. Are You?"
- Ben Quintero downgraded on Gamasutra
- Ben Quintero: "Can We All Get Along?"
- #GamerGate: Misogyny or corruption in the gaming community?(AT)
- Indie Developer Paul Huban Lost His Connections Just for Re-Posting a Video on #GamerGate (archive)
- Slate: "Gaming Journalism Is Over"
- Borderlands 2 Writer Outs Destructoid As Corrupt In Wake Of #GamerGate (AT)
- Matt of TFYC on Honey Badger Radio
- InternetAristocrat and Adam Baldwin on The Ed Morrissey Show (Youtube link)
- "Gamers Are Not Dead, They Just Leveled Up" (AT)
- WikiProject_Feminism hot articles 17 September 2014
- WikiProject_Feminism hot articles 27 September 2014
- Stephen Totilo "I believe that Kotaku writers are indeed entitled to pay into a game developer Patreon if that's what they need to do to access a developer's work for coverage purposes. They can even expense it." -Stephen Totilo
- #GameOverGate: Zoe Quinn blows #GamerGate wide open.
- 4chan users reporting Sep 6th account
- The LA Times Prints an anti-gamer article
- MundaneMatt: #GamerGate was NOT behind tonight's harassment of Anita Sarkeesian (revised version)(Youtube)
- #GamerGate and related hastags still increasing in activity on twitter
- Responses to IRC Interview. Rebuttal of the IRC logs
- <[http://attackongaming.com/The-infamous-IRC-Channel.log IRC Channel log of #firstname.lastname@example.org channel
- MundaneMatt: WTF is #GameOverGate? (Youtube)
- @cainjw Medium Article "A Narrative of #GamerGate and Examination of Claims of Collusion with 4chan" (AT)
- Youtube Video "Indie-fensible! Bigger Fish to Fry! (Mirror)"
- "14th annual IGF announces winners" (2012)
- Gamesnosh: "Fraud in the Indie World? – FEZ Investors outed as Judges for Title’s Awards" (AT)
- Gamesnosh: The Long, Sad and Drawn out Death of the Games “Journalist”
- Daily Targum "Twitter harassment adulterates good faith discussions"
- Gamersgate: STFU
- Reddit moderator XavierMendel audio interview (Youtube) (Soundcloud)
- Indie Juice: "Moderating ‘the front page of the internet’."
- Publisher's Note: The State of Gaming
- DEFY MEDIA, LLC JOURNALISTIC ETHICS GUIDELINES
- @NeoGAF Be sure to boycott NeoGAF
- RPS: "Hello: Videogames Are For Everybody"
- "#GamerGate is winning!!!": Video by MundaneMatt detailing how gamergate is having an effect on gaming media.
- @TechRaptr May lose a few days of data. Sorry, everyone
- Wikipediocracy: "Wikipedia and the war on women’s dignity" 1. Censored screencap of the dox
- Screencap of Zoe's tweet
- Of Corruption in the Australian Games Industry
- EA Admits 40,000 Users Were Hacked After Whistleblower Steps Forward
- Polygon loses Scottrade as an an advertiser. (TS)
- APGNation's interview with TFYC, giving more details on how Zoe hindered them.
- TotalBiscuit rambles about the gaming media and current events for 30 minutes.
- 1. arstechnica: Chat logs show how 4chan users created #GamerGate controversy
- 2. Wired (Note: same author as the arstechnica article): How 4chan manufactured the #GamerGate controversy
- 3. The New Yorker: Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest
- 4. Bustle: What Is "#Gamer Gate"? It's Misogyny, Under The Banner Of "Journalistic Integrity"
- 5. The Telegraph: Misogyny, death threats and a mob of trolls: Inside the dark world of video games with Zoe Quinn - target of #GamerGate
- Examinder.com Another article trying to discredit GamerGate surfaced, this time voicing support for NeoGAF out of all sites.
- Der Spiegel : 1. Scan of the article
2. Translation by someone on leddit
- DigiTimes : Commentary: Time is running out for console makers to clean up GamerGate
- Jason Schreier's "justification" as to why he is not writing about TFYC (AT)
- Rooster Teeth Podcast: The Patch #69: Plague Inc, Gamer Gate, Destiny, and Moms Rolling Horde
- GamerGate is spreading to Japan as well.
- Very detailed pastebin showing how the Gamer+ clique (Silverstring, DiGRA, Gamasutra, among others) is connected to one another.
- TFYC SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED ON 09/11! GOOD JOB GUYS! Statement by TFYC spark82 CONFIRMED AS THE HERO OF VIDYA
- TFYC were banned from NeoGAF.
- Super BunnyHop: Dragon Con Was More Fun Than Video Games
- Super Bunnyhop unedited Greg Lisby interview
- Full text of Mitch Keller's email to Super Bunnyhop
- New game news website goodgamers.us launched: "All of the gaming news, none of the bullshit"
- New Zealand Developer speaks out, "...GamerGate's been a long time coming."
- Archived Milo 4chan thread
- Milo tweet announcing 4chan thread
- Milo 4chan thread with 2660 replies and 795 images
- XOXO Fest Conference Timetable
- Leigh Alexander, Writer - XOXO Festival (2014)
- @wikileaks #GamerGate'ers should know that the pattern of censorship & cronyism they see is mirrored at the very top. Level up
- 4chan #GamerGate threads being killed by extremely butthurt moderator for the time being
- @RichardDawkins The "Big Sister is Watching You" Thought Police hate @CHSommers' Factual Feminism, and you can see why
- Exposed: The Secret Mailing List of the Gaming Journalism
- The List: Every Journalist in the GameJournoPros Group
- the_real_moot at #xoxofest
- Regarding recent events moot ## Admin
- The E-mails That Prove Video Games Journalism Must be Reformed
- IGDA Toronto Rant and Rave Night 2014
- Liana K Admits to Changing Review Scores Because of Metacritic
- My response to the recent Ralph Retort challenge to my ethics
- @Nero Someone, I don't know who, has sent 90 toilet rolls to my home address. I think I know what they're trying to say
- GameJournoPros Zoe Quinn Email Thread Dump
- Moderators: new subreddit setting lets you collapse deleted/removed comments
- Moderators: new subreddit setting lets you collapse deleted/removed comments imgur version
- @TFYCapitalists A group is attempting to hack various accounts Matt owns. He has changed the password on the majority of his accounts to prevent intrusion.
- #Gamergate - Insulting consumers shrinks the market
- An interview with an Xbox One developer: GamerGate and more (Archive)
- @archon A DDOS attack is currently underway against @TheEscapistMag. The attackers are specifically targeting the GamerGate forum thread.
- tvtropes gamergate ban
- NEOGAF allegedly sold Kotaku user content without permission
- @Nero No idea what's in this syringe
- @FortesSnC @MightyNo9... wait, what? I'm blocked from following a project I pledged $300 to because I support #Gamergate?
- Gamergate Escalates
- Titanium Dragon banned from Wikipedia
- @infinitechan #2ch partners
- @congressedits Kotaku Wikipedia article edited anonymously from US House of Representatives
- An Interview with ‘Captain’ Brad Wardell; CEO and Founder of Stardock Corporation. (Archive)
- How sloppy biased video games reporting almost destroyed a CEO
- @JimmyWales Gamergate Tweet
- ?@eron_gj Yo, #GamerGate
- @eron_gj What the hell? My GoFundMe page got taken down for ToS violation? Hang.
- Alright gang, no worries. Apparently the donations are still in.
- @JimmyWales Gamergate followup tweet
- #GamerGate – An Issue With Two Sides
- - See 4th comment down for response from EA Chris Mancil
- KIA PR Campaigns have begun
- Beware of PR Attacks from Moderation In 'N Out Chef
- Twitterbot swarms
- @KingofPol Facebook Photos
- KingofPol at 4chan
- @jackconte Sarkeesian Effect hate
- Patreon Sarkeesian Effect response
- I went to Eron's hearing on Tuesday
- #Gamergate Political Leanings
- Indie Dev Jennifer Dawe Talks GamerGate and Women in Gaming (Archive)
- Topsy Sep.3 through Oct. 3
- @infinitechan DDOS
- Github takedown
- Gitorious response
- Emails Work: UAT pulls Advertising
- - @GeorgeReese The #GamerGate cabal are the technology world's ISIS
- @Totalbiscuit supports GamerGate!
- GamerGate Wikipedia Neutrality Disputed
- 'Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor' Paid Branding Deals Should Have #GamerGate Up In Arms
- @Totalbiscuit As an FYI, Shadow of Mordor on PC was given out early
- Jimquisition: Shadiness of Mordor
- @jimmy_wales @Userlich I'm listening and working with a wide range of people. I'm discovering that the number of jerks advocating for #gamergate is vast
- GAMEJOURNOPROS: JOKING ABOUT PAID REVIEWS AND MOCKING PHIL FISH
- Blogjob.com/oneangrygamer -[ http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2014/10/gamergate-this-has-the-appearance-of-a-conflict-of-interest-says-game-informer-editor/ #Gamergate:"This has the appearance of a conflict of interest" says Game informer editor]
- Radio Nero S01EP04: Threats and Harassment
- Sexism and the battle of the gamers
- @Quinnspiracy HuffLivePost cancelation
- The ultimate weapon against GamerGate time-wasters: a 1960s chat bot that wastes their time
- the furor over #Gamergate
- CNN: Richard Quest interview to Brianna Wu
- @sambiddle Bring Back Bullying
- @sambiddle Max just told me I'm getting a raise because I made gamers cry
- Mercedes Benz USA shares your sentiments and have withdrawn our advertising
- Bonosbos has not been an active partner with them for over a year
- #GamerGate: Destructoid, Corruption, and Ruined Careers
- We're getting brigaded by /r/bestof and /r/gamerghazi.
- Ocrasorm - Whoa lots of brigading going on
- @Totalbiscuit popular, active threads seem to vanish at random
- BMW: We have taken action to ensure we do not advertise with Gawker
- /r/gaming moderator claims
- Zoom Out: Olympus Leaves Gawker
- Nissan cuts ties with Gawker
- How We Got Rolled by the Dishonest Fascists of Gamergate
- The long lasting effects of dishonest reporting
- GamerGate presents brands with tough choices
- How to Report Mike Cernovich to the LAPD w/o a Single Deadlift
- @PlayDangerously @idlediletante You'll be served with process at your home.
- @KingofPol GUESS WHO GOT DOXXED AND SENT A KNIFE IN THE MAIL! :^)
- @ErnestWAdams IGDA threats
- @IGDA IGDA distances themselves from Ernest Adams
- @megaspacepanda r/Games shot down my AMA request and for a very vague reason.
- GM Email response
- Colgate calls it quits with Gawker
- Why #gamergate matters to Advertising and Ad Agencies
- WikiProject_Feminism 27 Oct 2014 Archive
- I’m leaving Destructoid
- Cinemablend article on Dale North's resignation
- @KingofPol So apparently someone called 911
- #GamerGate: Brianna Wu Accuses Interviewer of 'Hit Piece' Attack
- @Nevflinn No problem! I hope this is enough proof
- How to End GamerGate: A divide-and-conquer plan
- Talk:Gamergate controversy 28 Oct 2014
- #GamerGate: Nero / Milo Investigating Brianna Wu Restraining Order
- #GamerGate: TFYC Was Doxxed By A Games Writer, Not Zoe Quinn
- #GamerGate: Jennie Bharaj Wants An Apology
- @bendreyfuss This is rude but speaking for myself
- #GamerGate: TotalBiscuit on Ethics, Was Offered Free Stuff for Reviews
- @TheOpenStandard A lot of opinions and accusations on our guest columnist's #Gamergate piece. Want to write a rebuttal? PM us.
- Yes, #GamerGate is Everyone’s Issue
- @xMattieBrice judging IGF games now, and automatically rating low any games with men in them
- @WilliamUsherGB #GamerGate: FYI: Some of the unlisted #GameJournoPros
- #GamerGate: Arthur Chu Angry with Interviewer, Defends Tactics
- #GamerGate: 8Chan Admin 'Hotwheels' Denounces Brianna Wu Doxxing & Harassment
- Disgraced Gawker Loses Another Sponsor
- #GamerGate: Liana Kerzner Says Sexism IS an Issue, BUT...
- @milky_candy JUST IN. DYSON REMOVED ADVERTISEMENTS FROM GAWKER. CONFIRMED.
- #GamerGate: TFYC Deny Knowing Details of Zoe Quinn Doxxing
- How is Gaming Excluding Women? – An Interview with Liana K (Archive)
- @igfnews The 1st-round judge in question (1 of many 100s this year) has asked to be removed from any duties now/going fwd.
- @WilliamUsherGB #GamerGate: The benefits of the IGF chairman being in #GameJournoPros
- An apology and a statement on IGF inclusivity
- @Caligula Twitter bans journalist from twitter for reporting on #GamerGate
- @Caligula Confirmed, it was a dead animal.
- @WilliamUsherGB #GamerGate: Kuchera harassed for talking ethics? That's not what he told the #GameJournoPros
- The Ralph Retort - IGDA Affiliated Researchers Illegally Distribute My Article
- giffgaff ad pull
- Basedgamer.com indiegogo site
- Recommending that Tarc step away from this article permanently
- The GamerGate Dossier is LIVE! : KotakuInAction
- 15 Nov 2014 Gamasutra Intel
- Project Trust but Verify
- Roguestar Twitter ban
- CBC Breaches Multiple Journalistic Ethics Standards To Smear #GamerGate
- @johnbowman CBC narrative shaping confession
- #GamerGate: CBC Labels David Pakman "Harasser of Women" for GamerGate Interviews?
- Ryulong - Due to your conflict with Mr. Auerbach it would be best if you just stepped away from the whole thing
- @icze4r By swatting me, not only did they put me in danger, but several of my friends, and my wife.
- Matt Schnee LinkedIn
- @Rischerion I wonder if we can somehow turn the #ggautoblocker list into an employment blacklist, like a credit report or criminal background check...
- @TheAwesomeMan SOMEONE CALLED 911 AND HAD POLICE SENT TO MY HOME
- Mike Cernovich interviews Geordie Tait
- IGDA Online Harassment Resource
- IGDA names over 10,000 people the worst offenders of online harassment
- Rosario tweets on IGDA blocklist
- Email Received from IGDA
- @IGDA_ED Read the disclaimer: *not* the @IGDA's tool or list.
- IGDA Founder Responds To Indie Devs Being Blocked On #GamerGate Blocklist
- Twitter - Randi Harper 'doxing' a person contacting FreeBSD 01
- Twitter - Randi Harper 'doxing' a person contacting FreeBSD 02
- Twitter - Randi Harper 'doxing' a person contacting FreeBSD 03
- Twitter - Randi Harper 'doxing' a person contacting FreeBSD 04
- Twitter - Randi Harper trying to justify the 'doxing' 01
- Twitter - Randi Harper trying to justify the 'doxing' 02
- FreeBSD.org - marketing email
- FreeBSD.org - Administration page
- Twitter - Michael Massey resigns from IGDA
- Gungnirgamedev.com - Michael Massey's official page
- Techraptor - "Developers React to the IGDA Controversy" (Archive)
- Breitbart - International Game Developers' Association's Reputation in Tatters
- Youtube - #GamerGate: David Pakman on Harasser Block List
- Twitter- Roberto Rosario:"Congratulations @Raspberry_Pi you just turned a block list into a black list"
- Twitter Blocklist of over 10,000 Accounts causes Trouble for more than just Gamers and Developers
- Techraptor- "Twitter Blocklist of over 10,000 Accounts causes Trouble for more than just Gamers and Developers"
- Techraptor -"An Apology to Our Readers"
- Techraptor -"FTC Forces Gawker’s Kotaku To make Disclosures for Affiliate Links"
- littletinyfrogs.com -Have people lost their collective minds?
- TechRaptor- Inside GameJournoPros: An interview with William O’Neal
- Target pulls GTA5 from shelves after a sex workers campaign to shut down Grand Theft Auto V due to its sexual violence
- Kmart joins Target in removing GTA5 video game from shelves after online campaign
- TechRaptor-Game Developer in debt to KickStarter Backers donates Paycheck to Non-Profit
- [#GamerGate Interview – Christian Allen Edition http://nichegamer.net/2014/12/gamergate-interview-christian-allen-edition/]
- Target's Grand Theft Auto V Ban Leaves Us With No-One To Blame
- Grand Theft Auto was removed from store shelves because games are still an easy target
- @KyleOrl I think corporate censorship becomes a problem only when corporations en masse refuse to distribute. See: AO games in the US.
- @Totalbiscuit Games Media celebrating censorship
- PennyArcade Tradition
- Destructoid - AbleGamers backs out of charity event after reading it will 'weaponize porn'
- The Truth Behind AbleGamers’ “DDOS” Attack
- AbleGamers and Mercedes Carrera Speak Out about Failed Donation from Charity Porn Stream
- Nichegamer.net - Adrian Chmielarz Interview – #GamerGate, Vitriol, and Saying Enough is Enough
- Breitbart - #GamerGate Anti-Bullying Campaign cost Gawker over a Million Dollars
- Report:Vandalism#Gamergate - VSTF Wiki
- Breitbart - I'm Writing a Book about #GamerGate
- http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/16/hatred-shooter-removed-from-steam-gaming-site Archive.today Peeep.us
- #GamerGate: Game Journo Pros Interview Blacklisting
- Jimmy Wales on Twitter: ". @LoganMac91 it was a long hitlist of editors. Much nastiness. Exactly the kind of viciousness that gg is famous for."
- Jimmy Wales on Twitter: ". @musashitomoe Wikia doesn't allow attack pages. If you care to make sure gg is an ethical movement for journalism you should agree."
- So I decided to email Jimbo... : KotakuInAction
- Oneangrygamer - #GamerGate: Game Journo Pros Blacklist/Boycott May Have Breached Antitrust Laws
- CrimeandFederalism.com - How Zoe Quinn and Margaret Pless Tried Getting Mike Cernovich Killed
- Oneangrygamer - #GamerGate: Wikipedia’s Factual Inaccuracies Of GamerGate
- #GamerGate: Patrick Klepek Leaves Giant Bomb Following Blacklisting Allegations
- Spiked-online.com - Trail-blazers, risk-takers and rule-breakers: our people of the year
- Lemonde.fr - La culture geek doit-elle mourir ?
- Rawstory.com - Busted: Gamergate supporters’ attempt to SWAT transgender game artist backfires
- Gawker.com - 8channers Sent Cops to Wrong House in Attempt to Attack Gamergate Critic
- Slate.com - Gamergate and the year in video gaming 2014
- Basedonnothing.net - The harsh, odd world of gaming in 2014
- Blogjob.com/oneangrygamer - #GamerGate: CBC Contradicts Ethics Principles While Denying Impropriety
- Forbes.com - 2015: The Year Everyone Forgot About Gamergate
- Intel.com - Intel CES 2015 Keynote with Intel CEO Brian Krzanich
- Venturebeat.com - Intel turns its GamerGate gaffe into a huge pro diversity program
- Theverge.com - Intel opposes Gamergate as part of $300 million effort to fix diversity in tech
- Polygon.com - Intel pledges $300M to bolster women, minority workforce in wake of GamerGate
- Twitter.com - @infinitechan:"2ch was down for 8 hours.We separated 8chan from the rest of the net, and now it is facing the brunt of the attack."
- RockPaperShotgun.com - Intel Pledges Megabucks To Improve Diversity In Tech
- Vocativ.com - Sarkeesian Imitator Blasts The Critic’s Views On Sex Workers
- Engadget.com - The most important news at CES is a $300 million response to GamerGate
- Blogjob.com/oneangrygamer - #GamerGate: IGN’s Code Of Ethics Is Now Public
- Badassdigest.com - Intel Pledges To Improve Diversity In Tech; Makes #GamerGate Cry
- ITnews.com - EFF lays out plan to end online harassment(page1)
- ITnews.com - EFF lays out plan to end online harassment(page2)
- Money.cnn.com - #JeSuisCharlie becomes one of most popular hashtags in Twitter's history
- Theguardian.com - Gamergate: a brief history of a computer-age war
- Buzzfeed.com -Gamergate: Through My Eyes
- Twitter.com - @lizzyf620:"It appears my #Gamergate article on Buzzfeed is now gone"
- Twitter.com - Ben Gilbert arguing with Brad Wardell and defending BuzzFeed
- Littletinyfrogs.com - Gamergate: Through My Eyes
- Rawstory.com - Gamergate hits new low with attempts to send SWAT teams to critics
- Reddit.com - r/KotakuInAction:"Who swatted Grace Lynn? The answer will surprise none of you"
- Washingtonpost.com - This is what happens when you create an online community without any rules
- Badassdigest.com - Why Stopping #GamerGate And 8chan Is Important For Everyone - Including GamerGate
- PCgamer - Let’s stop calling ourselves the “PC Master Race”
- Youtube.com - What It Feels Like to Be a Gamergate Target
- ABC Censors Criticism
- TweetSave Archive
- TweetSave Archive
- PC Gamer Watch Dogs Video Preview Archive Link
- PC Gamer Watch Dogs Video Preview Original Link
- The phrase hasn't been welcome on NeoGAF
- A note on disclosure
- #GamerGate: N4G Censoring Games Industry Corruption
- @Gregtito Leaving The Escapist
- Redacted Lizzy Dox
- Final Message from Liz
- Communityrun.org - Revoke Adam Baldwin's Invite to the Supanova Pop Culture Expo
- Communityrun.com - Don't Revoke Adam Baldwin's Invite To The Supernova Pop Culture Expo
- TheGuardian.com - Wikipedia bans five editors from gender-related articles amid gamergate controversy
- Twitter.com - @AuerbachKeller:"Paradox: Can @Wikipedia now cite @guardiantech saying it's banned those users even though it hasn't? Verifiability, not truth!"
- Themarysue.com - Wikipedia Has Banned Five Feminist Editors From Gamergate Articles & More
- James Portnow of ExtraCredits Talks About TotalBiscuit and #GamerGate
- Extra Credits slander
- Wikipedia.org - Arbitration Comittee: Gamergate case - Final decision
- IGDA Puerto Rico Closed
- Theguardian.com - When will gamers understand that criticism isn't censorship?
- Motherjones.com - Mad Men: Inside the Men's Rights Movement—and the Army of Misogynists and Trolls It Spawned
- telegraph.co.uk - Zoe Quinn: '#Gamergate has ruined my life. But I won't quit'
- Twitter.com(archive) - Official: @Joystiq is no more.
- Breitbart.com - Graham Linehan, Saviour of Women
- Depression Quest is Crass, Condescending Ignorance #Gamergate
- Techraptor Allistair interview Part 1
- Techraptor Allistair interview Part 2
- Giantbomb forum censorship
- Techraptor on GB thread lock
- r/Games and r/gaming banning discussion of TechRaptor article describing relationships in the Indie game community
- Slate.com - The Wikipedia Ouroboros
- Our Interview with Allistair Pinsof Part 3 – #GamerGate and Destructoid
- Twitter.com - @infinite_ammo: "I remember getting pulled aside by Shawn McGrath"
- Twitter.com - @infinite_ammo: "it was just a funny/weird moment"
- Twitter.com - @infinite_ammo: "hey I'm getting harassed by GG now"
- Anti-Defamation League: IS GAMING A BOY’S CLUB?
- Blogjob.com/oneangrygamer - #GamerGate: Kotaku Is Interested In IGF Rigging Allegations
- Mein Kampf is Not a Jokebook – Nick Denton’s Shame #GamerGate #NotYourShield
- University of Southampton: Seminar: Wikipedia and Gamergate
- @GameDiviner How Rev60 got Greenlit.
- Daily Dot: Meet the woman who's literally writing the book on women in tech
- OneAngryGamer: The Verge Updates Affiliate Link Disclosure Following #GamerGate FTC Campaign
- Techraptor.com -What Role did Shawn McGrath play in the Making of Fez?
- Mental Health Stigma is Never Acceptable – For Anita Sarkeesian and Gawker it is #TimeToChange
- Eurogamer has dropped review scores
- Law & Order SVU “Intimidation Game” Episode Information
- Blogjob.com/oneangrygamer - How wikipedia uses false information to defame #Gamergate
- Why #GamerGate and #NotYourShield Should Learn to Love Liana Kerzner
- Facebook.com - Supanova Pop Culture Expo:Dear friends and fans
- Kotaku.com -So That Was Law & Order's GamerGate Episode
- So, here's what I thought about that video game hate crime episode of Law & Order
- Arstechnica.com -Law & Order SVU takes on GamerGate, everyone loses
- Theverge.com -The Law & Order Gamergate episode manages to be even more depressing than Gamergate
- Forbes.com - 'Law & Order: SVU' Takes On #GamerGate, Can't Press Reset Button
- Hotair.com - Law & Order: SVU episode on GamerGate is every bit as bad as you’d expect
- Dailycaller.com - Did ‘Law & Order’ Hire Anita Sarkeesian As A Script Consultant For Its Gamergate Episode?
- Why Feminist Frequency almost made me quit writing about video games: Part 4
- @the_moviebob I am no longer with THE ESCAPIST.
- Cjkb.com - Milo Yiannopoulos @Nero on #GamerGate
- The Wacky World of Wu: The Tortured History of GamerGate’s Self-Styled Feminist Martyr
- Youtube.com - Edmund and Danielle Mcmillen commentary on Gamergate
- vocaroo.com - Edmund and Danielle Mcmillen discuss Gamergate
- Why Feminist Frequency almost made me quit writing about video games: Part 5
- Pando.com - Court docs: Lawyers for Gawker interns plan to find new plaintiffs by spamming Gamergate on Reddit
- King Dinosaur Games Must Remember that Kickstarter Promises are NOT Made to be Broken #GamerGate
- Oneangrygamer.net -ABC Reporter Admits They Have No Interest In The Whole #GamerGate Story
- Dailycaller.com What #Gamergate’s Critics Get Right And Why It Doesn’t Matter: Harassment
- VG247.com - Developers shooting the messenger: stop blaming the press for sexist extremism in games
- http://8ch.net/gamergate/res/378828.html#q378828 Archive
- Reddit.com - r/GamerGhazi:The sound of Journalism, or, Gators be Angry
- Oneangrygamer.net -#GamerGate: Mark Kern Calls For Devs To Stand Against Corrupt Media | One Angry Gamer
- OneAngryGamer.net -Social Activist Threatens #GamerGate Attendees With Violence At PAX East
- Techraptor.com -Indie Interview: Slade Villena aka Roguestar on FleetCOMM
- OneAngrygamer.net -#GamerGate: Ben Kuchera And The Life And Nepotism Of Game Journo Pros
- Oneangrygamer.net -Anti-#GamerGate's Simplistic View of the Gaming World | One Angry Gamer
- Oneangrygamer.net - IGDA Comes Under Fire With Cabal Allegations; IGDA Members Stay Silent
- Reddit Mods Admit To Censoring #GamerGate, Hiding Corruption
- KIA Guys, for the time being PLEASE don't link to the newest Modleak
- Based Hotwheels talks about new mod leaks
1 May 2015
- GamerGate in DC meetup takes place at 930PM at the local 16. The event received about 200-300 attendees, including Milo Yiannopoulos, Christina Sommers, Allum Bokhari, Cathy Young, Frank Salter, Daddy Warpig, Lizzyf620 and Ralph. Several hours into the event, the DC police arrived after someone posted a bomb threat on twitter.
6 May 2015
- Operation DeepFreeze which documents various ethical breaches of video game journalists and their site goes live. In planning.since 2009.
- DeepFreeze was tweeted under #OpDeepFreeze to avoid confusion with US government antarctic expeditions of the almost identical name "Operation Deep Freeze" (abbreviated as OpDFrz) which began in 1955.
7 May 2015
- At around 2 PM EST, Gamergate.me was set to private mode by the owner Drybones. There was Kotakuinaction post and a stickied /gamergatehq/ post about the wiki being down, and two images circulated--one of his Twitter feed saying 'I'm done' and saying 'I've wasted 9 months' as well as a response on 8chan harshly criticizing Drybones for not accepting donations as well as criticizing his vidya.fm project. Later, the wiki was set to public mode again at 8 PM EST. Drybones pinned a tweet to his wall saying that he is transferring the website (gamergate.me) to the head admin of the wiki.
25 May 2015
- Ian Miles Cheong issues an apology to gamers, and #GamerGate.
|2014:||Before GamerGate • August • September • October • November • December|
|2015:||January • February • March • April • May • June • July • August • September • October • November • December|
|2016:||January • February • March|
1 June 2015
Michael Koretzky releases an AirPlay update and announces Lynn Walsh, Executive Producer of NBC San Diego's investigative-journalism team and Secretary Treasurer of the Society of Professional Journalists, as a panelist;
- In an article about Harmonix' Rock Band 4, with the blasé attitude of someone who is "standing at a safe distance, drinking fizzy water, eating puff pastry canapes and chatting to another colleague about politics in the Philippines" during the game's press event, Polygon's Senior Reporter Colin Campbell remarks:
- All video games are stupid, of course. That whole thing of, "you're not really shooting terrorists or winning the World Cup, you're just pressing buttons" is patronizing and simplistic but every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning," to a slightly bemused PR person. (Rock Band 4 Is Doing a Lot of the Fun Things You Want It to Do 
- Attack On Gaming's Gaming Admiral posts  GamerGate a Hate Group, I Think Not – #GGinSydney Meetup; [Attack On Gaming] 
- Qu Qu releases RECAP: #GamerGate DOUBLE WEEK Summary May 16th-29th.
- Leigh Alexander writes an article about the taste of gamers, who, according to her, "imagine themselves as part of an elite class of especially-discerning consumer", and mentions game designer Naomi Clark without disclosing their personal relationship;  [8chan Bread on /v/https://archive.is/XeV8L#selection-14859.3-14869.0] [KotakuInActionhttps://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/388wv2/leigh_alexander_once_again_fails_to_disclose_her/] 
- BoogiepopRobin updates his pastebin on Kotaku's Nathan Grayson because he failed to disclose his personal relationship with indie developer Nina Freeman in yet another article; [KotakuInActionhttps://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/38be01/kotakus_nathan_grayson_is_mad_valve_is_offering/] [AT]
- TotalBiscuit performs a dramatic reading of Colin Campbell's article, Rock Band 4 Is Doing a Lot of the Fun Things You Want It to Do, in Masterpiece Theatre Presents - Games Journalism; 
- William Usher posts #GamerGate Meetup in San Jose Goes Off Without a Hitch; [One Angry Gamer] 
- Martyr of Video Culture Replay uploads #GamerGate: Anne Rice VS Randi Harper;
- New video by the Honey Badger Brigade: Badgerpod Gamergate 18: Threat(oid)s. 
- New article by William Usher: FTC Endorsement Guide Now Includes Game Reviews, YouTubers, Affiliate Links; [] archive.is
- Robert Shimshock writes Former Game Journalist Condemns Polygon Writer's "Complete Disregard" for Rock Band 4 Preview; Breitbart archive.is
1 July 2015
1 August 2015
1 September 2015
1 October 2015
1 November 2015
1 December 2015
1 January 2016
3 February 2016
10 February 2016
- Zoe Quinn drops her harassment charges against Eron Gjoni, claiming it's for reasons of exhaustion and frustration with the United States justice system. Gjoni responds to several of her statements with a blog post of his own.
7 March 2016
- The Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker court case begins. Gawker's founder and managing editor, Nick Denton, is among Gawker's defendants.
12 March 2016
- The GamerGate Wiki is finally revived after long periods of inactivity due to reasons beyound our control.
14 March 2016
- SXSW's director, Hugh Forrest, urges Mercedes Carrera to delete tweets and a video criticizing Randi Harper and the Online Harrassment Summit panel.
15 March 2016
- Mercedes Carrera refuses to self-censor and resigns from the SXSW SavePoint panel.
- The pro-GamerGate SXSW SavePoint panel proceeds as planned and runs without incident. Lynn Walsh, Nick Robalik, and Perry Jones host and discuss topics related to ethics in journalism and gaming journalism.
16 March 2016
- Independent game developer duo Digital Homicide files a lawsuit against Jim Sterling for reasons of assault, libel, and slander.
- GamerGate is featured in an episode of Syfy's "The Internet Ruined My Life". The episode focuses on Brianna Wu's interpretation of events and the official episode description [falsely] states that "The sole purpose of [GamerGate] is to harass female gamers and other women who work in the video industry."
18 March 2016
- The jury of the Hulk Hogan v. Gawker lawsuit rules that Gawker was in violation of Hogan's privacy by publishing his sex tape and must award Hogan $115M in damages.
19 March 2016
- Emboldened by the verdict of the Hogan trial, GamerGate revitalizes Operation Disrespectful Nod.
21 March 2016
- The Hogan v. Gawker jury awards Hogan an additional $25M in punitive damages, bringing Gawker's owed total to an approximate $140M.
1 April 2016
5 June 2016
- The twitter account for LewdGamer website was banned from twitter for having too lewd for twitter profile background and reinstated on the same day with the profile background removedaurl=http://tweetsave.com/lewdgamer/status/738994854080991232}}
22 August 2016
Vivian Celebrated her 2nd birthday and there was much rejoicing as Vivian images posted with reckless abandon.
21 September 2016
26 September 2016
10 October 2016
- Devin Farci gets outed as a sexual harraser by twitter user